Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

I was so excited for tonight! I've been looking forward to it for a long time...having a kiddo old enough to enjoy it...so exciting!

Ryan was working late, so Hagen and I had a nice dinner together and then straight to the bath! he had a nice bath, put his Halloween PJ's on and then it was off to make Hot Chocolate! Now, I'm not talking about the cheap powder hot chocolate (not that it is bad or anything)...I'm talking Williams Sonoma shaved chocolate that you stir into hot milk. Once you have tried this concoction, you will never go back! he helped stir until all the chocolate was melted and then we poured it into his sippy cup and added a bit more cold milk to cool it down.

We then got our candy corn (he calls it candy hearn...draw it out now with a Texas twang...there you go), unfolded the sleeping bags, and Daddy walked in...perfect timing!

Hagen had his sippy of Hot Chocolate, his lit up Jack-o-lanterns, his candy corn, his sleeping bag, and Mama and Daddy by his side. What a fun night! Except for the kid didn't drink his hot chocolate, The Great Pumpkin is dumb...really dumb, and Hagen wouldn't sit still to watch...he was on a candy corn high!

But, it was a great night...loved all the preparing for it...Hagen was excited and such a good boy.

We are going to finally carve our pumpkins on Friday night in time for Halloween and roast our seeds...yummy!

Nite Nite,
Carrie

P.S. Hagen is snotty...no fever, but snotty as all get out...Please Please PLEASE don't get sick for Halloween! It will be just so sad for Mama and Daddy to not see you prance around in your Fireman costume at your Halloween Parade on Friday! :(

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Love hot cocoa.
    Candy hearn? So glad you explained that one...here I am eating my cereal saying, "candy heaarn...". Totally get it now.
    Hope he's not sicky! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the Great Pumpkin was a big deal at our house. My mom has it and every single time we go there that is all Bram watches. I swear he has seen it 500 times. So he wasn't interested Tuesday night. Boo.

    Sounds like y'alls night was fabulous! Fun mom!

    The snot is probably from it being 50 degrees to 82 degrees back to 61 degrees all in a matter of 3 days. Tess is snotty too.

    ReplyDelete