Monday, September 20, 2010

Hagen and his latest milestone

Last night Hagen went to bed like usual. I was sitting on the couch with Ryan and we were talking about how our lives are about to get pretty hectic…but excited about that! It was about 9:30 so Hagen had been down for an hour and a half already…

All of the sudden we hear what sounds like a toilet being flushed upstairs. Hagen has never gotten out of bed by himself…we don’t think he knows he can. GLAD that he thinks that and not sure how that happened.

I got up and went to our room to check the monitor and he was not in bed! I ran out to the living room…Ryan was already perched to run up the stairs and I said, “He’s not in bed Ryan!” We both ran up the stairs and went into his room.

There is our sweet baby boy standing there in the middle of the room with his PJ’s down at his ankles and his diaper undone on one side and down at his ankles also. We asked him if he was OK and he said, “I started going poo poo and so I got up and went poo poo in the potty…there is a little in my diaper so I didn’t know what to do.”

The thing is he has been scared lately of dark, going into rooms by himself, so not only did he go potty by himself he used the glow from bacon (you know, the glow in the dark piggy) and went to the restroom by himself, turned on the light, went, AND flushed!

We cleaned him up good (need to work on wiping) got him a new diaper on and tucked our big boy back in. We told him we were so proud of him and he said he was proud too. When we first went in he thought he would be in trouble for getting out of bed…but we told him that he can get out of bed to go potty if he needs too.

Sweet boy…

Ryan and I sat on the couch downstairs and just smiled…he’s growing up…weird we were just talking about changes and good changes and then Hagen goes and does that. It’s one of those milestones you don’t think about but is such a good one!

Proud Mama,
Carrie

11 comments:

  1. Funny how pooping in the potty can make us momma's so proud!!! :)

    It's when they do something all on their own that we didn't know they could or would do.... it's just awesome!

    Hope you're feeling good! Getting ready for that baby girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tear, tear....big boy!

    i am in that stage where i am sad that liam is about to turn one...boo hoo..my baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, what a big boy! It is weird to watch them grow up so fast... sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big boy! My 8 year old will not even get up to go potty in the middle of the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWW....what a big boy! He is such a good little guy. I love that you had Ryan waiting by the stairs to run-up, I can just picture that in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waking up to go poopy in the potty is huge! What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww poopy Hagen! I love Hagen stories! You don't sugar coat anything, Miss Carrie. That is what I love about you.
    I know what you're sayin on the quality time thing. I think when you sign a marriage license it says something on there about losing 90% of QT together...fine print, I'm sure of it. Thanks for making me feel less crazy. That is mostly a compliment.
    When is bebe Hazel getting here?? I wanna see bump pics, lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big boy! It is really a weird thing to watch them grow up. In less than a year...my oldest will be able to get a driver's permit. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pooping makes us so proud!!! Wiping is a hard one, we use "poo poo wipes", they are flushable wipes. We leave those sitting on the back of the toilet for connor and Colton. Easier than toilet paper. Cute Story!

    ReplyDelete