The Guilt…the GUILT I feel for not updating my blog in a long time is eating me up! I am putting everything off…the family photo website, my blog, decorating the nursery, etc. I’m just being so lazy! But, happy lazy! I’m going to be 32 weeks on Sunday and she is one active little roly poly…she rolls around all day long and I love it. Knowing it will more than likely be our last baby I am soaking it all up and enjoying it!
We went to the Lake of the Ozarks last week and had a great time! The boys fished in the new fishing boat and Mom and I cleaned out the lake house. I was in total nesting mode and so I told Mom to take advantage of me! I took everything out of the kitchen cabinets, the laundry room cabinets and the bathrooms and reorganized/trashed/moved things around to be able to find things. The kitchen cabinets were a wreck. Great stuff, but nothing in a place and just shoved into whatever cabinet had room. So it wasn’t throwing a lot of it away but more putting like things together, etc.
Hagen is starting soccer at school today. He said that some of his friends play soccer at school…someone comes to get them and take them to have fun and he doesn’t get to go. I felt bad…BUT luckily they were starting up the fall season so he started today! I can’t wait to hear how it goes. With the fast shoes he picked out it should be good!
This may sound like I’m complaining…I don’t mean for it to be. With this being the second pregnancy I feel like I’m not as “doted” on as I was with Hagen’s. Ryan would talk to my belly, put lotion on it, we were just so excited. He got me a heart monitor for Valentine’s day when I was pregnant with him so whenever I wanted to hear his little heart I could. This time? Not so much. Now, life is busier than it was with the first pregnancy so that has a lot to do with it.
I’m ready for her to be here so Ryan and I can spend more quality time together. I feel like I wake up, get Hagen and I ready for the day and off to school/work, go get him, cook dinner, clean up after dinner, pack lunches, do nite nite ritual and then take my nightly snack and blood sugar machine to bed to watch TV until I can test and eat my snack and then go to sleep. I’m just exhausted. Good thing is I know this is not forever or the “norm”…It’s just the norm right now…
I will say that Ryan totally lost his man card the other night. He was upset because Little People Big World didn’t tape, then was upset that I watched and deleted Jersey Shore, and then came in to say I was lucky because Swamp People was on. After he said that he realized how ridiculous his statement was and left the room…I on the other hand got my very round body out of bed to taunt him more and laugh at what a weenie he is! Thank you Swamp People from the bottom of my cold heart for making my Ryan’s night more bearable…
I do have 2 little Hagen stories to share:
1. Hagen wants to have a baby in his belly really bad. The other night he wanted his stuffed penguin in his jammies like me. He is really into picking out his own PJ’s right now so often the tops and bottoms don’t match. Well the shirt was too short and wouldn’t hold the penguin so down his pants it went…lets just say his penguin was sitting low on his belly. AND he slept with his penguin in his “belly” almost all night.
2. Hagen’s usual time to go “big potty” is right after dinner. One night he ate a great dinner and then had to go! He did and then he asked Ryan for some candy. We are trying to wean him off of getting candy after every dump…he normally doesn’t ask for it all the time. Ryan said not tonight buddy and Hagen thanked him for not giving him any candy because he was really full.
Tata!
Carrie
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have every right to be lazy at the moment - enjoy it while you can!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that Hagen got "fast shoes" for soccer. Can't wait to hear how that goes.
I hear ya on the daily routine. I feel like all I do is eat, sleep, work and run Hudson around. Not a lot of time for QT with the Hubs. Need to work on changing that asap!
Glad y'all had a good trip to the lake!!
It's not fun if you feel guilty about not doing it. Don't do that. I'm thrilled to read when you have the time to write! You're a busy mama right now....and probably exhausted all the time!
ReplyDeleteOk.... so can I warn you that "quality" time won't come that quickly after this little one is born. I'm not trying to scare you but the first few months w/ two is a little rough. It was for me anyway! Remember how life totally changed when you had your first child..... well, it does that again. It took us a good month or so to get into the groove. I'm just saying.
ReplyDelete32 weeks?! wow! times flies!!! BB is 6 months old almost. His room is still not done! HA. His furniture is in there bc that's where he sleeps and it's painted. But window treatments and things on the wall... not so much. :)
Stop feeling guilty, friend! You have a lot on your plate. Life will eventually slow down. =)
ReplyDeleteI love Hagen's "big potty" time and that he feels the need for candy afterwards.
QT with your hubby will be there soon!
Pia and Hazel needed the room done. I'm always wiling to help and I do help. As for having two children that's when daddy takes one and mommy takes the other one that way no one has it all to do. When you do it on your own then you learn to let things go that aren't that important. I learnt that since carrie's daddy was gone a lot and we didn't live close to family. The good news for Carrie is Hagen is older and wants to help and he's such a good boy. Plus she has a wonderful husband. She will do great and she needs this time to take it easy. Love you sweetheart and I'm so proud of you.
ReplyDeletehang in there, the best is yet to come with that baby girl!!! Connor used to do the baby in the tummy thing when I was prego with Colton. And they both try and breast feed their animals....NICE
ReplyDelete