Random!
1. I overheard Merrilee tell Ellery once that what she was eating was healthy for her body. I adopted that phrase and tell Hagen that certain things are healthy for his body to make him strong and grow. Well, the other day he was eating an apple and he proudly proclaimed, “This is healthy for my bottom Mama!” Yes, yes it is son…and your body…
2. Hagen has been very curious about babies in bellies naturally. Before bed we usually tell him a story but lately he has wanted to tell us a story. The other night he was telling Ryan a story and it went like this, “Mama came from Pia’s belly, Daddy came from Nana’s belly, I came from Mama’s belly, and Dapper came from Daddy’s belly”…well they both do have black hair so I can see why he thought that.
3. On those lines, Hagen was looking at Ryan the other day and seriously said, “Daddy, is there a baby in your belly?” Ryan was a bit pissed…I would understand.
4. Not sure why but Ryan had his hand in his pants the other day (I’m sure to resituate stuff…why do guys do that?) and Hagen saw him. He promptly said, “Daddy that’s “a-skustin” (disgusting) putting your hands in your pants!” Hmmm…I wonder if someone does any fiddling at school?!?
5. My friend that is pregnant after IVF comes over nightly for me to administer her progesterone shots. Last night she brought Hagen some Halloween bracelets…those ones that are all the craze with kids. Hagen has never had any! He loves her…he put on a bat one and asked her, “Did you get me bracelets because you like me?” She of course said yes..
6. I’m back at the stage of getting up throughout the night to go potty…last night it was 3…the night before was 6! Almost done….
7. I was starting to think that maybe I’m not diabetic (Dr. Darney). I was following the diet but my sugar was always way lower than it needed to be…not bad low, but more like I could have had something else to eat or a glass of milk…OR…candy corn. SO I’ve been on a candy corn kick and it wasn’t hurting my sugar! Until yesterday…it was high last night and it was still high this morning. It was fun while it lasted but back to staying on track.
8. I was dead asleep the other night and woke up to what I thought was something getting between my belly and the mattress…like a mouse or something! Come to find out, it was Hazel’s foot/elbow/whatever poking out…like a kickstand.
9. Ryan has been taking on more duties at home. I was getting irritated about him not helping more since I am just plain worn out and someone asked me if I had asked him to help with certain things? No…I didn’t. So I told Ryan I need some help and he said, “Sure…what can I help with” like no biggie. It’s amazing what communication does. Sounds stupid, but it’s true. Sometimes I just EXPECT him to read my mind! So now Ryan has taken over nite nite ritual and I cook dinner, clean up, and pack lunches. He said if I want to switch or need help cleaning up he can help there too. Good man I got…
10. Hazel’s room is ALMOST ready for a blog preview, but I have a few things I need to finish before. The lovely Allison is going to be covering some lamp shades for me and I need to hang some stuff above her crib, but other than that it is done…and so light and airy…and I love it!! Stay tuned.
11. I have a sonogram on Friday to see how big she is getting and see if she is head down. I will also get an induction date! Woo Hoo!
12. I admire my SAHM friends, but if ONE.MORE tells me I need to BF for as long as I can I’m going to go ballistic! I am an advocate for BF’ing, but you have to prepare and plan if you are going to continue once you go back to work. It was difficult for me. I often times parked in a church parking lot and pumped in my car because there was no place to do so in the office! Yep, it was empty and quiet and secluded…I had working Mom guilt so I pumped for 6 months…I was a low producer but stuck it out. BACK.OFF.
13. For Mom’s with winter babies…did they stay in cute little PJ’s for the first few months? I think newborns often look SO uncomfortable in real clothes. With her being a winter baby I am getting a lot of adorable PJ type outfits to keep her warm. I’m not talking about Carter’s PJ’s (which I have those too) I’m talking about the go out in public ones…Kissy Kissy being my favorite. Am I weird? I just can’t see why putting her in a dress and tights would be comfortable or easy. Ideas? Thoughts?
14. Darney Halloween decorations = bowl with 5 mini pumpkins...I suck
15. I hope Hagen is just as excited about Hazel when she is ACTUALLY here. They are learning the months of the year and he knows that Halloween is in October...and that Hazel will be here after Halloween. He keeps saying, "It's almost October and then Halloween will be here and then Hazel Grace!" Not sure if he is aware that his world is about to flip upside down...
Tata!
Carrie
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You do have a good man, and I am also amazed at how a little communication can make life much easier. Darin and I constantly forget to tell the other one something and it inevitably creates problems.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see Hazel's room! I know it will be gorgeous! Also, just leave her in cute pj's. Ellery was a winter baby in Seattle and you could never see her cute outfits because she always covered with a blanket. Also, buy some cute hats....that's all anyone will really see!
She won't have to buy cute hats since I've made gobs and continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteI had 2 winter babies and my kids lived in those footie pj type outfits for months. Months! Inexpensive and soft ones at Children's Place. Get plenty!
ReplyDeleteI know nothing about what to put baby girls in. I suck.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to make your shades!
You are going to be so happy, when Hagen is older, that you are "writing down" all the funny things he says and does!
Gracie was a winter baby, and she wore comfy footie outfits for a long time! Comfortable and easy for diaper changes.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the nursery!
Hagen's sweet night-night stories. Greatness!
I know I've told you before, but I LOVE Hagen stories! That kid cracks me up. Healthy for his bottom.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe you're so close to having a baby girl! And I can't wait to see pics of her room.
P.s. Totally agree on the communication thing. A good reminder!
I love this post. A good way for me to catch up.
ReplyDeleteTM was in long sleeve gowns the first several months. That kept her warm and cozy but easy to change tiny diapers without all the snaps and such. I agree with you, real clothes on newborns look uncomfortable.
I breastfed both kids for like two weeks, I sucked at it. My kids are healthy and brilliant.
Cant wait to see baby Hazel's room.