Monday, September 27, 2010

What a fabulous weekend!!

I didn’t realize how much I needed some time to myself until I got it.

This weekend was wonderful! Ryan was hunting and left on Friday morning at 9:00 and was going to be gone until Sunday night so it was just going to be me and Hagen. I was planning on getting things done around the house and doing laundry which I hadn’t done in 2 weeks! Don’t gag…we have enough underwear in this house to clothe a small village so no one wore dirties…

On Saturday my parents wanted to take Hagen and I and Adam and his crew to shop for fall clothes for the kids! We met at Cantina Laredo to eat and then hit the mall. Hagen is going to be styling once again this fall…Papa and Pia have fabulous taste and don’t spare any expense…whatever their grandbabies want they get. I’m so excited it was chilly this morning so he could sport some new jeans..he looks adorable.

We wrapped up shopping around 3:00 and Mom and Dad took Hagen for a sleep over! My friend that has been having a difficult time conceiving (6 miscarriages) went through IVF and her hubby is out of town. She has been coming over nightly for me to help her with her shots and I thought it would be great for the both of us to get out of the house! SO we went to dinner at Patrizio’s and then to a new theatre in Allen called Gold Class Cinemas…it was unbelievable! 40 seats in the theatre, recliner chairs, waiter, and they even brought us a blanket. It was heaven. PLUS it was Saturday night and the next morning my sweet friend was finding out if the IVF worked…IT DID! Her number had to be over 50 and it was 182! So happy for her…there were 3 eggs put in...we'll see!!

I got to sleep in and then went to my parents house to get Hagen a change of clothes because…my brother Adam and his wife were taking the boys to 6 flags! It is more fun to take both of them because then they each had a kiddo to ride a ride with. So I had the whole day to myself on Sunday! I felt weird because he is usually always with me…I felt like I was pawning him off on people…made me feel bad, but I also really needed some time.

Hagen had a BLAST, Ryan came home early and was able to put Winter Rye in our yard and watch football, I organized Hazel’s room and drawers, and did a crapload of laundry. It was fabulous! It is so nice they live about 2 miles from us, the boys are about 11 months apart and the girls will be about 6 months apart…can you picture how easy it is going to be for babysitting when they grow up?! Switch off weekends…we keep their kids and then they keep ours so we can go out?! It’s perfect…plus we absolutely adore each other’s babies like they are our own…perfect.

Plus, it is chilly outside! I’m SO ready for fall…and this baby will be here in about 6 weeks?! I can’t believe it!!
Tata,
Carrie

9 comments:

  1. fun! awesome having cousins around the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Dee! We did, but they lived 8 hours away...so lucky to have them close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT WEEKEND!!!! I would love a day alone, all alone! SO wish we had family close like that. Love me some fall too! You are gonna have a new one, and mine will celebrating his 1st in about 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the my kids don't have the same relationships that we did growing up with our cousins being so much apart of our lives but they love them to pieces none the less and it's like no time passes they do get to see each other. It's precious.

    Shopping... I'm jealous! I'm dying to get the kids some more winter stuff :)

    Golden Cinema in Allen does ROCK! We've been twice and I've fallen in love with the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat pic is freaking hysterical.

    We're about to do some major winter clothes shopping for the kids. Major.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 weeks!!!!!!! So excited. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This weather is awesome! Love it!

    That pic is hilarious.

    Cousins are great--especially when they're close in age and close in distance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6 weeks! WOW! How exciting!!

    I feel like you do.... we need those weekends for ourselves but I feel like that's the only time I can truly devote to the boys. Then I think.... one weekend w/out mommy won't kill them. They'll enjoy it as much as I will I'm sure. I'm really ready for the baby to spend the night with my mom but I don't think he or she is ready for that.:)

    ReplyDelete