Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day...we are all about romance here!

Ryan and I view Valentine's Day as just another day. We don't get all crazy with gifts or anything. We think that everyday is a day to show someone you love them...not just a particular day of the year.

I called him on the way home from work and we had a discussion of "should we get the kids gifts?" "Are we bad parents if we don't?"

It was decided that he would get Hazel and I something from him and Hagen and I would get them something from Hazel and I.

I got them chocolate covered strawberries and Hagen a big chocolate covered marshmallow heart. They got me a light up rose and a slim jim (inside joke....) and Hazel got a little chick that chirps. She LOVES her bird. It kept her entertained for a whole 7 minutes so I could scarf down my dinner!

Dinner...we have a ritual that we get Wing Stop...don't be jealous. We both love it! Lemon Pepper baby...it's the best! And fries and celery and ranch. It was delicious!

Hagen and Hazel had eventful Valentine's Days! Let's start with Hazel's. She was looking all cute in her white leggings with silver stars on them and her pink top. I guess she looked quite delicious to a particular little boy named Jackson. He is an older boy...he crawls. He crawled over to the little lady, pulled her sock off, and started sucking on her little toes! Her teacher said it was so funny that they just had to watch and laugh! Good thing that she gets a bath nightly so her toes are always pristine.

Hagen...he said that he had 2 valentine's last week...Juliette and Danni. Danni?! How come I do not know Danni! I was asking about her and he said she is cute. I asked him what she looks like. He said she has TWO pony tails!! Yellow pony tails. I made him introduce her to me when I took him to school. She is about a foot taller than him and is really cute. BUT I am SOOOO partial to Juliette. When Ryan and I picked him up from school today he said that he only has one valentine...Juliette. He said that Danni told him she didn't want to be his girlfriend. Hagen could have cared less...I wanted to go ask her why?! But then again, Juliette was there to offer her love to Hagen. Hagen went and hugged Chase and Jackson goodbye...it was sweet.

We got mini bundt cakes for the lovely teachers...they were delicious! Lemon, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Raspberry White Chocolate...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Carrie

7 comments:

  1. You might not remember this but your dad always got all of us valentine gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel's already getting her toes sucked on?? Wow - what kind of daycare are you sending this child to??? :) ha! That is hilarious!

    And Wing Stop - can't get much more romantic than that!

    Hope it was a great Valentine's for you all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toes story is fun! Wing Stop..awesome. I'm not a wings fan though but Brad totally is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get the bundt cakes at Nothing Bundt Cakes on Eldorado? I've been wanting to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wing Stop spells romance. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Casey.
    We don't have a wing stop but I can eat the hell out of some wings and beer. I think it scares Tony a little. Good thing I don't really like watching football.
    That sounds like a badass Vday to me! We get the girls cards and candy from both of us. I kinda remember my dad getting my sister and I flowers some years. I think parents should do kid gifts too!
    Toe sucking? Hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wing stop......eeewwwwwww! I don't share your love of wings. However, the bunt cakes sound delish! My dad always brought us each a small box of chocolates and mom a HUGE one. Darin has started this tradition with our family and I LoVe it!

    ReplyDelete