Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Word...

Just a few random tidbits!

Life in the Darney household is going great! Hazel has made the transition to her own room. I moved all her clothes, etc. up there which freed up a lot of room for us in our closet. She is doing good going to bed between 6:00 – 6:30 and then waking up once or twice a night to eat. I think she likes it up there!

Tell you what, dressing little girls is hard! I have all these cute bows, shoes, etc. but most of the time I end up not using them because they don’t stay on. I wish some would stay on longer because it is so cute!!

She has been chewing on her hand a lot lately. She is 4 months old so I’m sure she is teething. She has also started to grab things. Namely my hair and behind my arm on my triceps (or where one should be). It HURTS!!

I love going to get her in the night when she is hungry because most of the time she is awake and smiling and so happy. BUT it is also not good because she is kinda awake for the day around 5:00. I DO NOT get up that early and make her lay next to me until at least 6:30 when the alarm goes off. We will see how long that lasts!

I’m just in love with both kids right now. Hagen has really been doing well with her. He loves her, asks to snuggle with her while watching TV, helps her flip over, pats her head, tells her to drink all her milk and play nicely with friends when he takes her to her class, likes for me to bring her to his room so he can show her off to his friends, and still lovingly calls her “tooter bean”…I hope that one doesn’t stick.

Hagen went to Home Depot with Ryan the other day and got air filters. He asked why we need air filters and Ryan said “It cleans the air”…Hagen said “It cleans tooty air?!” He was laughing at himself and so proud…silly boy.

Hagen is into a burping phase. Making them as loud as he can. Good thing is he says excuse me every time, but it is getting old. Doesn’t help that his father (and mother) do it often.

I love Hazel, but she has made my butt disappear. You see, I have always had a butt…a big butt. Since I had Hazel it has disappeared! Honestly, gone! So I started back at the gym this week. I am going for an hour before I pick up the kids. It is RIGHT next door to the day care…shares a parking lot…so I have no excuse. I will concentrate on ½ cardio and then ½ on upper body, lower body, or abs. Today is abs…those are also gone so it will be fun!!

Cute love story? Hagen has a new girlfriend named Danni. She has 2 pony tails. Well Hagen was having a hard time with drop off the other day and didn’t want me to leave. Danni came up and said “I missed you yesterday!” (She was out sick) and then she said, “I have some dinosaurs for you” and took him to the dinosaur center and showed him the two piles of dinosaurs…one for her and one for him…he never did come say bye to me.

Hagen has been doing soccer at school. The season ended and he wants to try gymnastics. I let him choose between the two and explained to him that when his friends go to soccer he will not…but he will go with other friends to gymnastics. Next week is the first week…we’ll see how he does!

That’s all I got! Except if Ryan doesn’t wash his hardboiled egg yolks and the shells down the sink in the morning I am going to go ballistic!! I mean how hard is it to just run the water and wash that stuff down? I warned him with a brief call this morning…told him it was equally as irritating as him making a shake in the morning and leaving the powder residue stuck to the bottom of the cup and not washing it out…it turns into cement that the dishwasher can’t even tackle….but he’s pretty cute so I don’t leave him.

Tata,
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Ha!Men!
    Good for you on working out and losing your baby weight! You should change your blog name to Hagen & Hazel Daze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to hear you complaining about girl clothes. I dream of girl-y things! And sure as hell don't want to hear about your NO BUTT!!!!! WTF? And men and not rinsing their things. Mark does the same with his nasty ass protein shakes, gag!

    ReplyDelete