Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July!

Ryan is home...life is good!

We didn't have much planned for the 4th but decided to head to Plano (15 minute drive) to my parents house to stay! They were out of town so we crashed at their pad.

They have a crib, diapers, baby food, regular food, beer, you name it! All I had to do was pack clothes and tooth brushes and we were off!

It was wonderful. Ryan and I made daiquiris, we ordered Campisi's Pizza, swam in the pool after the kids went to sleep. SO relaxing!

We came home on Sunday to do things around the house and then went to his Mom's house on Monday to swim and have BBQ.

Hazel is very proud of her new teeth...the two on the bottom. She bit me twice yesterday! Had to check and make sure "it" was still there. I screamed OUCH and put her down sitting on the floor. Poor girl got her feelings hurt and would bend at the waist and put her face in the carpet...and just cry. Hopefully we have the hang of it now!

Hagen asked what happened and I said she bit me! He responded with "Hazel do not bite Mama's Hips!" Obviously he has overheard Ryan say "nips"...lovely.

Short week of work this week...swimming lessons after school everyday...two t-ball games...man, I'm glad Ryan is home this week!

As we speak, Ryan is at the doctor talking about getting fixed...mixed emotions about this. I do not like the permanence of it all. I am perfectly fine with 2, but have that "what if" in the back of my mind. I'm very thankful that he offered to get it done. I never would have asked him to.

Tata,
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. glad Ryan is home, I know it's hard with him gone. Can't believe he volunteered that! Mark would NEVER!!!! BE SURE though!!! If you are not, do the 5 year insert thingy

    ReplyDelete