Today is my parents 41 year anniversary. To say that I am happy to be in their lives is an understatement!My parents were as far from being alike as you can imagine. My Mom was truly a very innocent girl that didn't really come out from her comfort zone and my Dad...well let's just say he was quite the character!
They met on a street corner! no, Mom was not a hooker...they were at a light with their friend...Dad in his car and Mom in hers. Dad and his friend asked if they wanted to meet them for a drink. Mom quickly responded, "We don't drink!" Dad said, "well, then can I buy you a milk?"
So they went to McDonald's where Dad got Mom a carton of milk...and the love story began.
I have learned about how to raise a family of my own and how to love hard from my parents. There are so many things that I want to copy from how I was raised into raising Hagen and Hazel and the Saturday night date nights that my parents did is important too.
One main thing that I took was that we always ate as a family...at the kitchen table. And they always asked each of us how our day was. Those are things that I remember growing up and hope that Hagen and Hazel do too.
I feel so fortunate to have both of them in my life and live so close. I can honestly say that my Mom is my best friend and Ryan and Dad are pretty good friends as well...makes me happy!!
Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!! You guys are truly an inspiration!
Love,
Carrie
So sweet such a great story! Congrats to them!
ReplyDeleteYour parents are two of my favorite people on the planet! Tell them I said a very belated Happy Anniversary. I forget that Darin and I have the same anniversary as them.
ReplyDelete