Please tell me I'm not the only Mom in the universe that wants to spend Mother's Day alone? Please?
I woke up and Hagen has drawn me a picture of him and I together and spelled out "Happy Mother's Day". I absolutely LOVE that he is drawing pictures of people and things I can actually recognize! The first time I saw a picture of me that he drew I just melted. I had a circle above my head and I thought it was a halo but it was my hair bun! Ha! He calls it my donut hair.
I took the kids to my parents to give Pia her card and picture and to hang out for a bit while Ryan fixed the sprinkler head in the back yard. Papa and Pia have 2 hawks living in their trees so we spent some time checking out the nests way far up into the trees! When we got home the kids ate and then took naps and so did I!
Ryan then took the kids to him Mom's house around 3:00 to eat dinner etc. They didn't get home until about 8:00! I read (Fifty Shades of Grey) did ONE load of laundry and watched some of The Notebook while eating massive amounts of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. It was SO relaxing...I really enjoyed the time alone.
THEN I get on Facebook and see all the outings everyone had with their kids and I feel like a mean Mom!
Hagen and I had a conversation about when I officially became a Mom. I told him that he made me a mom for the first time. He had that cute little side smile beaming with pride. I remember the first Mother's Day with Hagen...he was about 1 and was learning to walk...we were hanging out in the front yard. I will never forget that day!
My first Mother's Day with Hazel Ryan sent me to the Spa! Hazel has been my shadow...like SERIOUSLY. she is like a mirror image of me doing exactly what I am doing at all times. She follows me around like a little baby duck (and she is making animal sounds too so she is quacking). She does her makeup, brushes her teeth (eats toothpaste), cooks, reads books (of course she doesn't know I'm reading Mama porn), and has even started putting my shoes on and walking around.
I am so lucky to have my babies. I wanted them for so long it hurt.
Love,
Carrie
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha! I went to a movie ALONE yesterday!! Best 2 hours!! :)
ReplyDeleteLin, I'm so glad you commented with that! I feel so much better...I felt like such a bitchy Mom!! Ha! I think we all really want some quiet down time every once in awhile...
ReplyDeleteA day ALL ALONE sounds divine! I had my boys bc TH was working or sleeping all wkend. So Mother's Day was a pretty typical day but it's all good!
ReplyDeleteYou did. I remember. And, you got 2 precious little punkins! Happy Mother's Day, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI totally feel you on Mother's Day! I flew back from Vegas on Mother's Day so I had three days leading up to M Day with no kids. I missed them but it was awesome :)
ReplyDelete