Monday, July 9, 2012

Working on getting healthy!

So I have been working out for 4 weeks now...not long but I can honestly say I THINK I see a difference?!?  One thing that is shocking to me is that I am actually looking forward to the 5 days a week/1 hour per day workouts in the heat (no AC).  What?  This is so not me. 

What I am doing is kinda like Crossfit (my trainer would NOT like that I compared it to crossfit).  What I like about it is every day is different, there is no running on the treadmill, etc., alot of it is using my own body weight, etc.  I'll be honest and say that the reason I am sticking with this also has to do with my trainer.  I am paying a crap ton, but it is working...I need someone to tell me what to do and push me otherwise I would not go to the gym and do this on my own...honest.

I'm hoping to get to where I want to be and then lower the times I go per week.

I am still not drinking Iced Tea!   I have switched to Iced Green tea with a whole lemon in it.  I mix it up in my plastic cup with a straw that all of us ladies get from the hospital after having babies.  I cut up a whole (small) lemon and squeeze it, put green tea on top and then add about 2t. Raw apple cider vinegar...and a few drops of liquid stevia.  It's not great, but it isn't bad either!  I then drink water the rest of the day.

Most of my dinners consist of a huge Spinach salad.  I add diced chicken, cucumbers, green onion, strawberries, blue cheese (just a bit...I love it so), slivered almonds, raspberry vinegar (not vinaigrette), and fresh ground pepper.  I could eat it every day...

Now one thing that I have NO control over is a new love I found.  Chocolate covered cranberries.  Dammit, why I had to try them I don't know.  Mer, they remind me of the chocolate covered pomegranates your MIL got and you shared with me when I was in town.  They are SO good!!

I am not losing weight (may be gaining) but I can tell things are as wobbly...still wobble but not as much.

I hope I can keep this up...I really do.  History has shown that I will stick with it for a few more weeks and then take a year off.  I really really REALLY hope I don't!!

C

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Carrie!!! Proud of you for sticking with it. Chocolate covered anything are good to me, but when you add in a fruit, it seems a little healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Carrie! I'm so proud of you!! It always feels so good when you're active and working out. Miss you tons! Just got back from Cali late last night! Let's get together soon. =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are doing so good. I'm impressed! I'm shocked you like it but happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed too! Your post makes me want to get off my butt and go to the gym!

    ReplyDelete