Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July - part II

We left off at the best wings in the world...it was Uncle Rick, my Dad and Mom, and Auntie L.
The kids had fun playing on the beach there and enjoying virgin strawberry daiquiris

 Hazel promptly fell asleep on the boat.  We were worried about her over heating so I unzipped her...she looks like the guy from weekend at Bernie's!!
 This is a HUGE catfish!!!  That's as close as Hagen was getting!!!
 This is more his size...
 Picture of the lake house from across the cove...
 Papa always gets good pictures with the kids...
 Man boating trip...
 So, this may not look like a good parenting move but it was big.  Hagen had his first shot and I took one with him!  I could NOT believe he was really going through it and so I had to follow through too!  It was a shot of sprite with...a minnow in it.  A live minnow...
 Mom's face says it all...he was SO proud of himself and was shocked I did it too!  It is way better than doing an oyster or something...ugh...
Hazel got to drive the best boat on the lake.  This is Bruce...married to Vicky.  The own Mimosa and lived above the small store for years.  He told her for a long time that he would someday build her dream home.  he did...and damn is it ever a dream home.  2 lots...on a point...just simply beautiful!!! 
 This man worked hard his whole life and deserves anything he gets...well done
 Mom and I...tipsy after dinner and drinks...
 here's the crew.  We are heading out in the morning so we are about to say our goodbyes and pour ourselves in bed.
 The lake is just awesome.  I have such a feeling of calm there that I can't explain.  No schedule...just chilling.  It will be even better when the kids can make food for themselves!  That is the only "scheduling" we have to keep on.  Why do they eat all the time?!

C
 

No comments:

Post a Comment