While I am trying to figure out how I would like for this blog to go, my posts could be a bit "scatter-brained"...so hang in there with me if you would like.
I have a couple of stories:
1. I went to get Hagen from school to go to swim lessons. I found him sitting on the potty! His teacher said that he pee pee'd on the potty this morning! Now, he isn't asking to go, but she said since 1/2 the class is potty trained that she is just going to make all of them go one right after the other and see if the rest catch on. So proud of you Hagen! What a big boy and so brave!
2. At swimming lessons, Hagen toughed it out with only a few tantrums. Then after he was done with it he got his lolly-pop and sat down to watch the next victim. Now, victim refers to his friend Jack from school. Poor Jack doesn't even like to have water poured on his head in the tub. So he is having a rough go at it. So what does Hagen do? He sits there licking his lolly-pop telling Jack "Jack, I float...I got ah-pop"...just rubbing salt in Jack's raw wound. What a brat! It was pretty funny though I must admit.
************************************
I thought that I would also make a list of what I enjoy in life. I am so blessed with what I have. Life is sweet...here's a few things that make it so:
1. I LOVE Sonic Ice Tea. I get at least one Route 44 unsweet ice tea with 3 sweet n low's every day...sometimes 2. It is the combo of the tea, the crunchy ice, the cup that doesn't sweat, the amount, just all of it...love it all...yummy!
2. Dr. Pepper Chap Stick. Yes, I am 4 years old...I love the stuff! It of course tastes good, but also has a little bit of a tint so it looks like a gloss. Hagen likes it too...but he puts it on his teeth. Hagen doesn't get to put on my chap stick often...especially since he bit a chunk out of it.
3. I love reality TV! Any of them will work...even if it is in the middle of the season. I love to see how wacked out people are! I mean, really! I am so normal and I feel even better about myself after watching some of those wack jobs on these shows. Don't they know their family and friends are watching? I am by no means perfect, but I think I am alot closer than most of the reality TV people...just sayin...
4. Although it ticks some of my friends and family off and often times hurts feelings, I HATE talking on the phone. I am a recruiter and talk on the phone for my career. So, when it comes to talking on the phone for pleasure, I'm just not interested. It makes me feel terrible at times, but I just can't help it. Now, email and text...I can do that all day everyday. I am the best email/text friend EVER!!
5. I love Ice Cream! My favorite is Mint Chocolate Chip. It is also the reason (I believe) that I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant with Hagen. Basically, I got caught feeding my unborn son Mint Chocolate Chip all day...everyday...for each meal.
6. I have a sick sense of humor. I love potty humor...I'm going to be in trouble with controlling this as Hagen grows up. It's already a problem...he tooted in the bath tonight and I about fell over laughing.
7. I love my current job! I work for one of "The Best Company to work for" in the Dallas area (we were just nominated today!) and I have a great group of people that I work with. I am a recruiter, but I do other things as well...basically anything that needs to be done. I don't mind this because I truly care about the company and I want to see it succeed.
8. I have a website that Ryan and I started on Phanfare when I got pregnant. It was to keep track of pictures as well as let our family and friends from out of town see our lives in pictures. I am obsessed with it. It is nice to have because I just print off a months pictures and it keeps my albums up to date and in order!! PLUS, if the house burns down, I have a place online that has all of our family photos so I can always print them again.
9. I have a relationship with my mom that most girls would love to have. I cherish it...I realize how lucky I am...I will never take it for granted. I wish that I knew what her and my Dad did to raise me to feel comfortable telling them anything no matter how awful it was. But, I did...I was scared at times, but they never held things against me. I had a perfect childhood and I only hope that Hagen is at least as happy as I was growing up.
10. I married a man that is so much like my Dad it's scary! I remember wanting to marry my Dad when I was a little girl and upset that it would never happen because he was taken (among other reasons). Ryan is so much like him...he loves to fish, he likes to golf, he enjoys having a few cold beers, he likes to watch sports at home on his own TV, he is a grill master, he is patient, and above all is a great Dad. Another thing that is very similar is that I can't remember my Dad ever raising his voice to me...Ryan has never yelled or raised his voice to me either.
11. Last but certainly not least, I would LOVE to have another baby! Hagen has been such a wonderful addition to our little family that it just makes us want to have more. He proved to be difficult to obtain, but also showed us that it is possible. Hopefully he will be a big brother sometime in the future!
If you are still awake...thanks for reading.
Carrie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This was a great post. The Sonic tea thing is hilarious to me for some reason.
ReplyDeleteYou're not EVEN kidding at the Sonic Iced Tea. I love it...the peach one particularly.
ReplyDelete