Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hagen and eating

As most of you know, Hagen is a small fry! To get him to eat is one of the most challenging things. OK, so I am exaggerating a bit...he does eat...but it is mostly Chex Mix, Goldfish, teddy grahams, fruit, etc. I'm not concerned about his weight because he is falling in line with family history...he just has his own curve (that is going up by the way...he's 23 pounds 4 ounces now).

If I need him to eat I bust out the meat sticks. You know, the kids version of Vienna sausages. he loves them! I like them too, but I let him eat them. Last night he ate the whole jar, some blueberries and Strawberries, and some baked beans. I gave him the meat sticks because Ryan and I were having Firecracker Shrimp and it is WAY too spicy for Hagen.

What we have been doing lately is telling him after he eats # bites of this and # of those and whatnot that he can be done. Well last night he had to eat 4 blueberries and 3 bites of beans (he had eaten alot, but we wanted him to eat a bit more...). There is obviously more explaining that we need to do because our poor baby was trying so hard to get that 3rd spoonful of beans in his mouth when there was already 2 spoonfuls and 4 blueberries.

lesson learned my son...sorry about the choking...it won't happen again.

Love,
Mama

4 comments:

  1. Awe, sweet boy! And will you please fatten up your kid, or just help me stop my kid from eating; she weights more than Hagen and is only freaking 14 months old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little pumpkin. . .working so hard to get all those calories. I have a few he is welcome to
    ANYTIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little cutie is darling!

    Yep, the f bomb was dropped. I definitely got some stares from the old ladies. Woops!
    And I've always wondered about those bags you suck all the air out of...does that really work?

    ReplyDelete