There are so many things about Hagen that make me love him more and more everyday. I need to remember these things that make me smile as he is testing my patience with him also...because, well...he's 2!
1. I love when we ask if he wants to do something and he responds "Maybe later" or "Maybe next time". This is nice to hear instead of "NO" that is usually yelled.
2. When I go to the bathroom I am always encouraged by a good ole "Good Girl Mama!" It's nice to be encouraged every once in awhile!
3. no matter the size of what he does with #2 he always says, "That's a BIG one!" So proud...even if it is the size of a skittle!
4. Yesterday was Dapper Dog's 7th birthday...birthdays' = cupcakes! We sang to Dapper and when Hagen sings the song it is like nails on a chalkboard. "Happy Birthday to Dapper, Happy Birthday to Dapper, Happy BIIIIIIIIIRTHDAY to Dapper, Happy Birthday to Dapper." Now, the part that I put alot of IIII's in is the hard part...it is really loud, high pitched and screechy! Cute, but wow...
5. I love how he has started putting random things in his pants pocket. Today it was Ramen noodles...what will tomorrow hold? I'm scared of the future pocket picking...
6. He takes great pride in his under ware pickings. Nemo? Oscar? Elmo? who knows! Today Nemo won...
7. It takes him FOREVER to pick out a special treat for going #2 on the potty...honestly...I set the timer. He only pics skittles or smarties, but geez! He has to look like he has never seen it before...
8. He loves him some construction vehicles: Diggers, delivery trucks, trash trucks, dump trucks... Well this morning we saw one we haven't seen any of! A Crane! The clouds lifted, the sun shined on it like no other, it was a beautiful morning...we saw it once going to Sonic and then AGAIN on the way to school...2 crane's in one morning...priceless...
9. I love being greeted in the morning when I open his door with him saying, "I slept good"! We always say good morning, how did you sleep? So now before we have a chance to ask he just tells us!
10. Black Eyed Peas song...Boom Boom Pow. Hagen's new favorite song...he says "Boom Boom Pow, this chicken jacked my style"...aww, so proud...
11. Hagen LOVES sitting in the drivers seat of Ryans truck. The other morning Ryan got in to go to work and the radio was on some random Hispanic station, turned all the way up, his blinker was on, brights on, windshield wipers on, and there was a goldfish in his seat. The funniest part was that we hung golf balls to let us know when we stop in the garage to have as much room in the front of our cars...the windshield wipers were flinging that ball all over the place! Nice wake up call!
12. Hagen loves to watch the trash trucks. Most of the time it is timed perfectly when we get home and they arrive! I pop open the hatch back and we sit in it and watch. Hagen always informs me that if I am scared to plug my ears and I won't be scared. Smart boy...
13. He loves to dust and vacuum...he actually did a good job dusting with me yesterday!!
14. He has to sleep with a bear and blanket every night. We haven't actually tried to not let him have it...wonder what he would think? My Mom knits BEAUTIFUL blankets for babies. I always wanted to MAKE my babies like them...I didn't have to make Hagen like them, he just naturally liked them over the other kind. AND she made him bears to match...so Bear and Blanket go to bed with Hagen.
15. I love hearing him sing his ABC's...especially the "LMNOP" part...hilarious!
16. "No Nose!" when i come at him with the booger sucker.
Basically I have nothing for a blog post...just was thinking of random Hagen things...hope you enjoyed!
Love,
Carrie
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love these and I love that you stop and take the chance to share in the little things with him....that's what it's all about!
ReplyDeleteI need to do this more often too. When I do my monthly letter with all her latest and greatest I sit forever thinking back over the last month... easier to do it as it happens!
ReplyDeleteSeriously girls...this is what I HAVE to do. I can't remember crap, and I want to...this helps.
ReplyDeleteMy mom has kept a journal since she was a teen..she writes DAILY...and very detailed.
She just called me at work to say that she knows why Hagen is acting up in school. She said that Ms. Stephens had a PT meeting to tell them that I am disruptive and talk too much...Mom called me at work to tell me basically that I was a brat and I'm getting what I deserve. Right Ma? You know you did...I know you are reading this...
I LOVE all those sweet little things you wrote about your precious son. He has some GREAT taste in music, love the "boom, boom pow." My mom used to tell me that my bad behavior would come back to me someday, and let me tell ya, Ellery is quite a sassy girl to her mama!!! I had to give her, her first dose of "sass juice" last week!!
ReplyDeleteI am reading this. I had to call you since you complained that the teacher said Hagen was disruptive in class. Just wanted to let you know its probably your fault.
ReplyDelete