Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Batchelorette...Hagen Vs. Logan

So, if I haven't told you, Juliette (you know...Hagen's girlfriend at school...the one I'm totally pushing on him...) has a cool Mom. She was a gymnast in France...was on the French Olympic team...and she was Nastia Liukin's coach! Well one of them at least. To hear her say Juliette in her french accent is beautiful...makes me love her name even more.

She moved here to the US about 6 years ago and is teaching gymnastics in Plano at Nastia's gym.

Anyway, just a little scoop about my son's future Mother in Law...she's the bomb.

She sent me a note on Facebook (what did we do before texting, email, facebook, etc.) saying that Juliette wanted Hagen and Logan to come over after school for a play date! I was texting the other mom asking her if she thought it was a drop off or stay and hang...we got the impression it was a drop off but of course wanted to make sure! So I was the sacrificial lamb and played dumb (because we all know I'm brilliant) and asked. She meant it as a drop off and for me and the Logan's mom to go rest...we are both pregnant. How sweet!

So at 5:00 Logan and Hagen were dropped off and then picked up at 6:30. They both did not want to leave...Hagen was crying and all! Hagen was SO excited to play with the African American "Twinkerbell", the sticker earrings, and the bracelets. You know he was in heaven! He started crying and saying he wanted to spend the night. I wonder if he will do that when he is a teenager...cry to me that he wants to spend the night at a girls house?! Let's hope not. Cecile kindly said, "I don't have to be at work until 9:00 so he is more than welcome to stay." So sweet...but no...I'm nice...I will not let you do that. He's been a monster lately!

So Hagen had a total blast! They played dolls, Doll house, golf, chased the cats, ate goldfish, played jewelry, and had such a good time!! AND they live in the neighborhood right across from ours! I can see the two of them being friends for a long time...at least I hope so.

Tata,
Carrie

9 comments:

  1. How lucky! For you and Hagen!!

    I'm trying to look for a couple of friends with kids around LM's age that we can swap play dates with. He's getting to the age that he wants to play with other kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you getting some time to yourself!! What a sweet MIL Hagen will have. He has no idea how lucky he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous...I was a gymnast and coached for several years through college...what a fun friend to have!

    I love hearing european accents. I envy how prim and proper they always sound. It seems my southern drawl doesn't sound very proper. :)

    I am loving the baby pics on your header. Hagen is so precious! I can't wait to see Hazel up there too. I bet she will look so much like Hagen. :) Still love the name...glad you went with Hazel Grace...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous...I was a gymnast and coached for several years through college...what a fun friend to have!

    I love hearing european accents. I envy how prim and proper they always sound. It seems my southern drawl doesn't sound very proper. :)

    I am loving the baby pics on your header. Hagen is so precious! I can't wait to see Hazel up there too. I bet she will look so much like Hagen. :) Still love the name...glad you went with Hazel Grace...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm.....is Hagan cheating on my daughter? I know it is a long distance relationship, but she will be hurt. Sniff, sniff.

    What a nice mom. Glad he had fun with the girly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those drop off playdates, and i even like hosting them because the kids stay out from under me. love the pic, super cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Play dates are the best! Drop-offs or hosting. Either way you get stuff done and your kids get to play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the set up! I'm so lame with playdates. Almost never do them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't done a playdate in light years. My boys would kill me if I even mentioned the word. mom, we hang out with our friends. It's not a "date".

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete