Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hazel Grace Darney's room! UPDATED WITH LINK

Here it is! We still have to get the lamp shades covered by the ubber talented Allison. They are going to be covered in the pink silk that is on the top tabs of the curtain and the tie backs. Then they will have a band of the black and white gingham.

This first photo is of a side table that I swiped from Mom's house. It is Hazel Grace Adams as a baby and her bronzed shoe.
This next photo shows the chair that was hers by the table. The open doorway goes to her vanity area and the closed door is her closet. You can see her coming home outfit hanging by an old doorknob. I have a few bows to choose from...
This is a view coming into her room! I made (don't faint) the letters above her bed. I got wooden letters and some scrapbook paper and mod podged them on there. I was quite impressed as I am NOT crafty.
And here is the Changing table area. My favorite part of this room is the picture! How CUTE is that?! I had it personalized with her name at the bottom. CUTE little girl on the beach.
This photo is to see the pattern in the sheet. It is a sherbet gingham...love it. I opted to not do bumper pads. We didn't use them with Hagen's room and so I saved a lot by not having those made. The striped blanket is made by my Mom...so talented...and the burp rag was made by another blog friend Heather! I ordered it for a friend that is having a little girl and she made an extra one for Hazel and threw it in...so sweet!!
I love her room! We have those solar shades on the windows of the house. Her room was a darker room, but he cream paint really lightened it up nicely!
UPDATE: Here is where I got the picture above the changing table. I was nervous because I hadn't heard of anyone ordering from them but they were GREAT!!! I changed Monterey to Hazel Grace...
What do you think???
Carrie

12 comments:

  1. Well done, Carrie! I'm dying over the picture on the changing table. Absolutely precious. Love the letters, too. And, the NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and my favorite part is the picture too. Where did you get it and did you add her name yourself? My handwriting SUCKS! I couldn't even make my own party cups for sorority stuff in college!~ I had to pay someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes the picture is awesome. post the name of the site again.
    love the striped walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am in love with the pic over her changing table. I didn't realize it was that big. It looks PERFECT!!

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY, what a beautiful room! You did a great job. I agree, my favorite part is the picture above the changing table. I absolutely love it, but I also love all the soft colors. Very feminime. Hazel is going to love her room! I can't wait to see pictures of her too. Let the countdown begin...I am getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picture above the changing table!!! It just makes the whole room. She'll love that someday too.

    Great colors - cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. Love the colors and the pic above the changing table. Love all of the personal touches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!! Hazel Grace is going to love her new room

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! It really does look so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!! Makes me want a little girl so I can have a girlie room..... ok, that passed! ha! I'll live through those of you who DO have girls.

    Poor Hagen.... hope his belly feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, Carrie! I am so impressed by your crafty letters.

    ReplyDelete