Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nighttime potty training

So we started doing the nighttime training. We are going to give it a week and if it isn't working then that's is OK and we'll try again later!

He puts his unnerware on and then PJ's and then after books and brushing teeth he goes potty. I have a bath mat that is a bit thick that I put under him in case of an accident in the night so that I don't have to change the sheets. Ryan and I got him out of bed at 10:00 before we went to bed to go again. Sweet baby was still asleep...but he went quite a bit!

So this morning it was like Christmas morning...what are we gonna get...

He had pottied a little bit in his sleep...not that much. We told him he did good. We said if he wakes up and has to go potty that he can get bacon (the pig night light) and put him on the step stool in his bathroom and go potty when he wants.

He went potty in his sleep so it may not be time. We are going to give it a few more days and then if it isn't working then fine.

I do have a little Hagen story for you:
Last night Hagen was just being a pest...talking back (got some vinegar in his mouth for that), just not listening, testing our patience for sure. Well Ryan took him up to get him in the bath and Hagen was just out of control. At one point Hagen calmly walked over to Ryan and Ryan thought he was going to give him a hug and say sorry. BUT Hagen just took Ryan's hand, led him to his bedroom door and out of his room, and then slammed the door shut! Ryan was calling for me over the banister asking what he should do while we were both laughing! So funny but SO WRONG! Now that I think about it, I don't know how Ryan handled it...hmm...

Merrilee is in town so a bunch of us from school are going to Mi Cocina tonight to eat...I can not wait to get some Mexican food...sounds fabulous!!!

Tata,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with Merrilee!!!!!! And, good for you for being flexible with the potty training. As my aunt Mary says, "I don't know any adults who are not potty trained. It will happen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom says something similar Casey about the pacifier. She always says they won't walk down the aisle with a pacifier...they'll eventually get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I finally got to meet sweet Hagen in person. Precious little man.

    Hope he didn't learn any bad habits from my little devils. =)

    ReplyDelete