I just called and they put me on Wednesday instead of today. Fabulous. So now "Bill" will show up on Saturday after 2:00. There is a moth ball smell under our kitchen sink and the dishwasher leaked all over the floor the other night. Ryan opened the dishwasher mid cycle and said I put too much soap in (which is funny because I use the pre-measured little dudes). I asked him how he know I over soaped and he said there is soapy water at the bottom. Hmm...soapy water in a dishwasher mid cycle? Man that sounds terrible! OR MAYBE it is because that is what it is SUPPOSED to do moron...who knows what it looks like in there mid cycle you dork! Shut the damn thing and put some towels out and shut it! Gah!
Hagen had a free photo shoot with a free 8X10 portrait with a professional photographer because my mom spent a fortune on his fall clothes at Janie and Jack. It was this morning and it wasn't looking like it was going to be a good one (crabby McCrabberson was in the house)...in comes a big bribe...a rainbow lollypop he has been talking about forever! Sure Hagen! Want a pony too? Anything you want honey because I get a free 8X10 and Nana needs a Christmas present!
Guess who was a perfect gem...I told the lady taking the pictures that I would be in the store but will stay away from them...told her to let me know if she needed me. I think she was appreciative of me giving her room to talk to him and become friends...she had him eating out of her palm by the time it was over!We actually went to the candy store beforehand for him to pick out this obnoxious sucker...during the photo shoot I dropped it and it shattered. There was another Mom in there waiting and I asked her if she would tell him I'll be right back if he notices to exchange it. The lady at the candy store told me to just grab another one for free! Score!
So, the chair in Hazel's room. This has been in our family for a long time. Below is me sleeping on it. Yes, I said sleeping. I would just sleep anywhere. This was a popular place and so was over the arms of chairs and couches. I can sleep in any position, any where, any level of noise, you name it! Check out my cute potty training under ware...
And here it is the same...no refinishing...just new "clothes". I'm so glad to have it back! It's actually quite comfortable.Check out my Dad's hair! He was so handsome! He still is...he is one of those guys/men that can pull off balding...he is not BALD per se, but pretty close...still handsome. So, the rocking chair in the photo was in my room too! It was in bad shape when I was pregnant with Hagen but I wanted to keep it. My Dad repaired it, repainted it, and it turned out fabulous!!
Check it out with a cute little 1 week old Hagen. Notice the detail...he painted it black first and then put layers upon layers of red paint and then sanded the areas that would wear...the butt, the arms, the rockers, etc. It is so cute and still in his room...will be for awhile!!
I sent this to some of you but I will share with the rest. I'm addicted to These. Simply flavored with Olive Oil...they are big croutons so serving size of 3 is adequate...they are obnoxiously loud which is fun at dinner time....except tonight because I ate the WHOLE flipping bag! Diet? Gestational Diabetes? I guess I forgot today...this is one of the reasons that I can NOT stay home. I will eat everything in site!
Check it out with a cute little 1 week old Hagen. Notice the detail...he painted it black first and then put layers upon layers of red paint and then sanded the areas that would wear...the butt, the arms, the rockers, etc. It is so cute and still in his room...will be for awhile!!
I sent this to some of you but I will share with the rest. I'm addicted to These. Simply flavored with Olive Oil...they are big croutons so serving size of 3 is adequate...they are obnoxiously loud which is fun at dinner time....except tonight because I ate the WHOLE flipping bag! Diet? Gestational Diabetes? I guess I forgot today...this is one of the reasons that I can NOT stay home. I will eat everything in site! Speaking of...maternity leave during the holidays...is there anything better?! I think not! I am already dreaming of pumpkin chocolate chip bread, baking my grandma's homemade sugar cookies, cider, hot chocolate, etc. I'm going to gain all the weight I should have gained during this pregnancy.
Have you ever seen the backyardagains? It's dumb...I got Hagen a Halloween DVD with them to keep him occupied so I could get some work done and it is just stupid! He likes it so it is doing what it is supposed to do.
Hagen has had an upset tummy for 5-6 days now...Casey, sorry I have to say it...let's say loose bowels? He is eating cheese, nothing spicy, doesn't drink juice really, so I'm not sure what is the deal. I left a message for the doctor about 2 hours ago and haven't heard back...I'm sure they will forget about us until it is too late to bring him in today...isn't that always what happens when you plan everything for one day that you are at home and it is scheduled perfectly? Hagen WAS going to go back to school after pictures, but the tummy issues put a stop to that...
4 weeks and 2 days...hurry on up!!!
Tata,
Carrie
Love the chairs, both are too cute. Maci loved the Backyardagians. SO cheesy but she would literally stop all and watch as a baby even! Pregnant during the holiday's rocks!
ReplyDeleteHilarious post. I love that you're reusing pieces from your childhood. So much more meaningful.
ReplyDeleteso cute!!!! loving the picture baby in the chair. your little man looks so grown up these days.
ReplyDeletemmm croutons...
Those chairs are darling and I love that there is so much sentimental value to them!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing over the croutons. I tried to email back yesterday, but my stupid email is acting crazy and it's driving me insane. Croutons??? Really?? Couldn't you choose like chips and a big bowl of queso??? I agree though - I'd weigh 500 lbs. if I stayed home all the time.
Good job on the sucker bribe - whatever works!
That's a big sucker! Bribery is such a wonderful thing.
ReplyDeleteH is so cute! Can't wait to see the pics.
Love the childhood decor. So much meaning. So sweet.
Croutons??? I wanted cheeseburgers and fries and anything sweet and salty!
LOVE that photo of you sleeping on the chair--I totally remember seeing that at your parents' house. The chair is so sweet and I can just see your grandma rocking babies to sleep in it. Oh--and yes, your papa is and always will be quite handsome--he has those beautiful eyes(actually your mom does, too).
ReplyDeleteThank you merrilee. I'm so excited that Carrie was able to use some of the furniture that's been in the family. I know my Grandma Adams is smiling from heaven and will always be there to look over Hazel Grace.
ReplyDeleteThe rocker in TM's room is the same one that was in my nursery. Love that Hazel has yours in it.
ReplyDelete