- I have 8 more full days of work and then I'm off for maternity leave. I'm so excited it is during the holidays, but am having a difficult time on finding a stopping place in work...I need to start pulling away, but there is just no end really.
- Hagen had a 102.8 fever on Thursday night and it didn't go down from 102 until yesterday...Ryan stayed home with him so that I could go to work which was a nice change. He was fever free this morning, but now his cough sounds worse. Could it be allergies? I took him to the doctor on Friday and it wasn't strep, flu, or anything like that...she said it could be a cold.
- On Friday night we HAD to get out of the house, but we usually don't take a sick kiddo out in public that much. We ventured out to our niece's high school's football game. It happened to be homecoming so we got to see the mum's etc. Do you know that they now use a ribbon tied around their neck (not tight) to hang mums from?! I remember my "NON" boobs would not stay in my ITTY BITTY bra because the mum was pinned through my shirt onto my bra strap to keep it up...I was loved and had an ENORMOUS mum. Anyway, the weather was perfect, we spent a small fortune on food, and had a GREAT time! AND our sweet niece hung out with us during 1/2 time instead of her friends...that's love people.
- We were going to keep Noah on Saturday night for a slumber party and Gattitown! Hagen just now realized he has a bed UNDER his bed...whoa. I told him it was for when Noah spends the night. Since Hagen was icky sicky we couldn't keep Noah...may do a rain check this Saturday night!
- On Sunday it was my work's annual family picnic. Sadly I went by myself because he was still fevery (is that a word?). I love the people I work with...it is nice to get to know their families also. I was so bummed that Hagen and Ryan couldn't go. There was fishing, bounce house, mechanical bull (I refrained), horseshoes, crafts, pumpkin patch, you name it! Face painting..BBQ dinner. It was so fun! Wish my boys were there though :(
- Hagen doesn't get out of bed for the most part. BUT last night before getting comfy in bed to watch Dr. Phil I turned on his video monitor and he was not in bed. I told Ryan he escaped and Ryan went up the stairs and saw a tuft of hair peeking out his bedroom door and then disappear. Ryan went in and in his Dad voice said, "you do not get out of bed Hagen". Hagen got the quiver lip and said "But I just needed to tell you something..." When Ryan asked him what he needed to tell him Hagen responded, "I'm So sleepy daddy...I'm really sleepy" in his shaken wet bird voice. Scared the crap out of him! Hagen laid down and didn't move an inch...
- Ryan has moved up to the guest room...he did the same thing when I was pregnant with Hagen. I'm to the point of flipping back and forth all night long...my limbs and hips feel like they are falling asleep and I have restless leg syndrome. I'm sure I am pure joy to sleep next to!
- My friend that just got pregnant with IVF just texted me and she heard the heartbeat...hubby was out of town but she had him on the phone to hear...choking back tears...
- Hagen told me my "unnerware" is big...thanks
- My Dad is in Oil and Gas Exploration. Basically he researches where Oil and Gas could be, draws up all the fancy maps, sells his thoughts to big oil companies, is out there when they drill them, and makes a living. He does it all...self employed. Well he has been gone for 10 days on a shallow well and it HIT...and it is BIG! Dad rocks...it makes him being gone for so long so worth it! These life cycles for wells are years in the making so when they hit it is big! But when they don't it is a low blow for sure.
- I just got an ingrown eyebrow out that has been there for about a week...can I even tell you the relief I feel? I know it is nothing to most, but it has been bugging the crap out of me!
- Hagen wants to be a fireman for Halloween...that is what he was last year but he forgot! SCORE!!! Expensive outfit being used again and it fits!!
- Halloween outfit fits again this year because little bitty boy only weighs 26.4 pounds...he's 3 1/2 years old. BUT it is great this winter because he is in 2T pants that have the elastic pully thingie that I can tighten on his waist! Man, this is going to be way better than last year with highwater pants on!!
I think that is it. Sorry so boring.
Tata,
Carrie
So sorry Hagen is sick!! I've heard it's going around - Morgan's had the cough for at least a couple weeks. That's what everyone says too: that this virus lingers. Hope he's better in time for little Hazel to arrive! Can't wait! :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's just that time of year... my boys are on their second cold in a matter of 5 or 6 weeks. Sucks!!
ReplyDeleteDo you sleep with a body pillow? If not, get one!! It makes these last few weeks much better sleep wise.
I had to pull out the "mean" mommy the other night. I had both boys by myself bc TH was working late. I think I scared LM. :( I hated it but the boy would not listen. After a little bit, he came over and gave me a big kiss. Melted my heart!
CC, I have a pregnancy pillow named Lancelot...he is my boyfriend when I'm pregnant...it's like another person in bed with us! I once caught Ryan with his head on it in the middle of the night and karate chopped him in the neck...he hasn't touched him since...
ReplyDeleteLove the karate chop story! Hysterical! I sometimes put a pillow up between Brad and I as a sound barrier from his snoring :( LOL!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Dave! Sorry sweet Hagan. Need to see you and rub the buddah belly(did that sound perverse?)
ReplyDeleteOMG, Carrie....when I just logged in the secret code was plaka!
ReplyDeleteWe are sick over here too with the same mess. It's not fun and I'm sick of being sick.
ReplyDeleteLoved my body pillow too! I'm feeling for you, those last few weeks are LONG. I can't believe it's almost time for her to be here though :)
Hope Hagen is feeling much better! No fun to be sick and especially for that long!
ReplyDeleteSorry you're not getting much sleep. I remember the tossing and turning at night. Not too much longer though. So exciting!
OMG, Liam weighs 22lbs.
ReplyDeleteOMG, Hudson weighs 25 lbs. and he's 19 months.
ReplyDeleteLove the karate chop story too! Hilarious. Trey and I always have a pillow in between us. I guess that's what 11 years of marriage does for you. ha!
Hope Hagen is feeling much better now.