...so last night we went to my SIL's house...you know, the saint? Kristen, Ryan's sister. She is honestly one of those near perfect people. I love her...she is so sweet! And no she doesn't read my blog so this is for real!
My niece Ashlyn turned 17 today so we went to their house for dinner and to celebrate! My younger niece Courtney has 2 hamsters. We asked if they bite and the little brown one doesn't...the other does. So we told Hagen to not put his fingers in the cages to avoid them thinking his fingers were the pizza he just ate. Here is how it went down...Ryan witnessed the whole thing:
Hagen looked around and noticed that no one was looking...he was in the clear.
Ryan was looking at him through his peripheral vision...
Hagen noticed the little brown (the one that doesn't bite) one sleeping in the corner of his cage and began poking at him.
Hamster didn't wake up so Hagen kept at it...poking...poking...
Hamster turned around looked at Hagen and bit his finger.
Hagen stepped back with a shocked look on his face...looked at his finger...no blood...yet
Hagen looked over at Ryan who was giving him the "I told you so look"
Hagen looked at his finger again and the smallest drop of blood showed up and he LOST it...
Hagen, these are times in life when you learn things the hard way. I'm sorry for stifling in my laugh...but the vision of you poking at this poor little guy who was just trying to sleep (and the way your Daddy explained the story to me) was just too much. Lesson learned...now let's move on. Love you little Hagen.
*****************************************
Hazel, you are just too cute! You know, waking up with a newborn in the middle of the night is tiring, but seeing your sweet little warm body all wrapped up and just wanting to eat is really sweet. I almost jump out of bed when I hear you wake up to feed you.
I'll be honest though...I'm DRAGGING butt. I'm exhausted. I can not WAIT to sleep from the time I lay down until 6:30 when the alarm goes off without getting up. It will be a glorious morning!
This morning after I showered I came in to check on you and you were just laying there watching the ceiling fan go round and round. When you heard me say good morning you started fist pumping and smiling...love you little Hazel.
Tata,
Carrie
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kids! I bet that was hysterical!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine!! I bet you were rolling when Ryan was telling what went down. I was having a conversation with my hubs the other night about how we look forward to sleeping thru the night again one day and actually sleeping thru the night together! HA! Between both kids waking up randomly and one of us getting up.... maybe when they're in college!!
ReplyDeleteit is tiring, but so rewarding! and your SIL is not perfect, she does not read your blog
ReplyDelete