I could not be more pleased with how this week is going. Sunday night I was in a dark hole. Scared of how things were going to go.
I read a blog recently about how to have a routine not a schedule. So true! I have things that need to be done that are better done in an organized fashion but not necessarily timed out…a time is aimed for but not ridgid.
Here is the new weekly routine:
Mornings before work – Alarm goes off at 6:30 and I get up and get ready. Sometimes Hazel sits in her bouncy chair…sometimes she is still sleeping. Wake Hagen up at 7:15 and he get him dressed. He eats breakfast while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I change Hazel and pack up things for the day. Grab my lunch, pump, and diaper bag (my purse) and put them in the car and turn it on to warm it up. Grab Hazel’s bottles from the fridge and put them in her bag, clean up after breakfast, brush Hagen’s morning hair and wipe his face off. Put Hazel in the car seat and hit the door by 8:00. Drop the kids off, go to Sonic, and hit my desk by 9:00!
After work – run errands and then stop by home if I have time to organize milk, start thawing out dinner, etc. Get kids around 4:30, put a show on for Hagen, feed Hazel, whip up dinner, bathe the kids, I put Hazel to bed while Hagen plays, and play with Hagen. At 7:00 we go upstairs, eat a vitamin, brush teeth, and lay out clothes for the next day, read a book, hug and kiss and good night!
After the kids go down – clean up after dinner, prepare my lunch, make Hazel’s bottles, clean up all bottles and pump stuff, smoke a bowl, take some shots, and pole dance in my granny panties for exercise (just checking to see who is reading this boring stuff).
I pump and go to bed at 9:00…that’s our day!
One thing that I was very worried about was when I am putting Hazel down Hagen usually likes to assist me…which gets her all riled up and pissy. I didn’t want to say, “Get out! You are bothering us!” so what I do is tell him that I need some quiet time with Hazel to put her to sleep and to not enter. The faster I can put her down the more time we can play just us two before bed! So last night he sat in his puppy chair right outside my bedroom where I could see him while feeding her in the dark. He was playing a Memory matching game on the iPad waiting patiently. We were able to play 4 rounds of Candy Land…that’s what he chose to do.
I am BEYOND proud of him this week! No Whining, listening very well, eating his dinner, and just being so sweet to Hazel. We have turned the corner on that one and he now takes her a doll or a toy when she is crying, hugs and kisses her and has even got on the floor to play with her. It is sweet to see. Love when he says, “It’s OK Baby Hazel…Big Brother is here”…
Work is going great…interviews are being set up…I’m getting caught up…Ryan will be back late Saturday night…life is going well!
Tata,
Carrie
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! You're a rock star with your granny panties and all!! You'll be ready to smoke a real bowl by Saturday night! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteHaha - when I read "smoke a bowl", I was stunned.
ReplyDeleteIt seems as if we smoke a bowl at the same time. Glad I know we have similar routines!
ReplyDeleteYeah for you Carrie! Glad you found a moment for yourself to smoke a bowl - So happy it is going so well! I love the idea of routine and not schedule - I need to use that - the Type A person that I am!! I hope tomorrow and the weekend go just as smoothly!!
ReplyDeleteThe visual of you smoking a bowl and then pole dancing in granny panties, is cracking me up!!!! Damn, you are funny. Glad things are going well....totally agree with a routine, not a schedule.
ReplyDeleteI always wrap my day up with a big fat joint and a sexy pole dance for Adam.
ReplyDeleteYou look fab and are doing amazing!!!! Isn't baby #2 easier? You're not so worried about killing them.
I am so proud of you! Sounds like you have perfected this "Mommy of TWO" stuff! :) Just think how easy next week will be when hubby is home.
ReplyDeleteyou rock mamma!!!!!!! and don't we all pole dance in our granny panties?
ReplyDelete