Friday, September 16, 2011

Destin 2011

We just got back from one of the best Destin trips so far! We have been going for about 20 years now and it is such a different experience when you have kids. I still remember my first kiss was in the stairwell of one of the condos years ago...so romantic.
One thing I was worried about was how Hazel was going to react to the sand. There was no need to worry as she is a natural beach baby! She ate alot of it, but was having the best time! I think the water was a bit cold for her because she didn't like sitting in it or having it splashed up on her, so she hung out with buckets and shovels watching Hagen, Noah, and Emily enjoy the surf!


The first two days there was a hurricane producing alot of rain and wind and tornadoes (none near us) so we were locked in. BUT the house that we stayed at was HUGE and lots of running around room! We stocked up on groceries so we were good to go! Mom and I did the shopping and we were in trouble for not getting any candy or anything for adults. We usually keep bite size snickers in the freezer when we go to the beach, but we were trying to be good...we regret that decision!!


Hagen had an absolute BLAST chasing birds, catching fish (not successful), body surfing, and just running around! At one point he had to go potty (#1) and I told him to do it in the water. Not thinking about it, he turned around walked to the edge of the surf, dropped trowel and I ran up and pulled them up and told him to go in his swimsuit IN the water. I'm not sure if he just held it or actually went...the look on his face was priceless like "EW, that's besgustin Mom!!"



One of our favorite things to do is chill at the beach or shop during the day and then get cleaned up for dinner! All of us love going out to eat at different places! We ate like royalty on this trip...only staying in the last night to pack and eat leftovers in the fridge. Hagen really liked my crab legs so one night he ordered them (they were on the kids menu). Glad Ryan was sitting next to him to crack them all open! Ha!



We drank our weight in Bloody Mary's (well I did), we had dippin dots, we ate sand...best of all, we made memories that I will never forget. FABULOUS trip!

Tata,

Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos!!!!!!!!! Love them all. Glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, the beach and the family! Love the pictures. Glad yall had fun. I can't wait to take the boys to Destin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Destin! Living in TN, its been fairly easy to get to, but now we are living in TX. I guess we will fly instead of drive next year. I just dont think I could love another beach as much!

    ReplyDelete