Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Bits!

This is just a random post with random bits...

1. Ryan's company was acquired. This new company has a newsletter that goes out to the company every month. This is the first month that his company and people were included. Ryan was working at a client and the client named him "Supplier of the Month". In the newsletter they recognized him with a photo of him holding the award with a saying. The admin came to him and said, "what should we write?" Ryan jokingly said, "Due to Ryan Darney’s (the Project Manager) supreme
knowledge & good-looks this award came as no surprise." Guess what the newsletter said? Yep...it wasn't changed. Welcome to Apex Ryan!

2. I took Hazel to the grocery store with me last night. She LOVES the grocery store...I don't, but it helps that she is so excited to go. I got stopped by so many people telling me how cute she was. It is so nice to hear! I mean we all think our kids are cute, but when someone else stops you to tell you they are it is so fun. She was wearing a darling hat that was my brothers that ties under her chin to keep her ears warm...it's bright red.

3. Hagen had a rough day yesterday...didn't nap and was disruptive in class and was even in time out when I went to go get him. I told him no show and no iPad or explorer. He asked why no iPad or games and I said that when he is naughty I have to take something he likes away to teach him. He paused for a moment and said, "well my tools are my favorite thing so you should take those away." Basically telling me so that he could play his games...he hasn't played with his tools in months. Smart boy.

4. Ryan went hunting this past weekend and on Friday night I met my brother Adam (the nice one) at the park with his two kids and mine. We had happy meals and let the kids play. It was so fun! I haven't been able to hang with Adam in so long. I mean, we see each other often but it is usually the girls talking and the guys talking...and we are usually running around chasing kids. Love him...he is such a good seed.

5. Hagen has been telling me that he can't wiggle his toes. I thought maybe he pulled his socks on too high (because I suck at parenting). Come to find out he was wearing size 7 and 8 shoes and he is a 9!! That boy is in a growth spurt! So now I have ONE pair of shoes for him...new tennies. I got a size 10...I cannot fathom him only having one pair, but am going to hold off until I find the perfect pair of shoes. Big boy.

6. Ryan and I have been in LOVE with a new salad. It's Kale salad! Sounds gross huh? It is wonderful. More work than a normal salad but worth it!!

7. So on Saturday morning Hagen had an 8:00 soccer game which meant we had to leave the house at 7:15...remember Ryan out of town. I would have skipped the game but they were having pictures afterwards. So we went. Thank the LORD Aunt Kristen showed up! She surprised us! She took Hagen to the potty in the middle of the game and then walked around with Hazel while I was dealing with the team photo stuff. It would have been a nightmare with Hazel. That night we went to Courtney's basketball game. Tell you what...12 year old girls are TOUGH!!!! It was crazy! Court is the smallest but man, she is MIGHTY!!

8. On a VERY serious note my friend's husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He is about to start chemo for about 6 weeks. It is so surreal having someone close to you going through it...and a friend...someone that is my age. It's just not supposed to happen to friends. He is in great spirits but worried about things. He is in sales and will lose his hair..."how will people respond" "what are the kids going to think or how are they going to react?" etc. They have two boys...4 and 6. Say some prayers if you are into that kind of thing. Tell you what...his wife is one strong lady so he has her to lean on for sure.

9. I had SUCH a scare last Friday! My dad travels some for his business. He is in Oil and Gas exploration and so sometimes goes out to wells in the middle of nowhere and is up for days at a time sleeping an hour here or there. He usually calls Mom before she is going to bed around 10:30 at night to touch base. Well, on Thursday she talked to him in the afternoon and he was getting a cold. She wasn't surprised that he didn't call at 10:30...but he didn't call the next morning and she was expecting him to be on his way home. He wasn't answering calls, texts, or anything. I called a guy that works with him in the area and he said a hotel he sometimes stays at ...I called and he wasn't there. Come to find out he was just out cold...slept for 16 hours straight and through all the phone calls! I had SUCH a bad feeling...like he was mugged or shot. Oh the thoughts that went through my head. Dad will have a "What the hell were you thinking" talk next time I see him!! :)

I have a meal in the crock pot tonight...love days like that!!

Tata,
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. ryan's thing made me laugh! so sorry about your friend. that would have scared the crap out of me (you dad). I hate the grocery and hate it even more with my kids in tow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new header picture and hate that I can't comment on your blog at work - some weird thing! Love Hazel's piggies and Hagen intelligence when getting into trouble! He is a smart one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I got a good laugh from the "supplier of the month" quote. :)

    Also, I want your kale salad recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new blue and yellow, by the way. And guess what! The blog is letting me comment again - yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Thanks for sharing your blog with me... going to link to it from mine so I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete