First of all, Hazel says bye bye but with a d...so if she says a single Bye it is "Die"...hmmm...
The night I got back from my girls getaway, it wasn't 5 minutes before Hazel face planted into the window sill. She was bleeding quite a bit! I got her to put a wet washcloth on it and was able to lay her down to check out the damage. It was just a little cut on her top lip. While I was looking in her mouth I swear I saw her top teeth narrowing like you would think a paci or bottle baby (after a year) would have.
I got her an ice pack to hold and immediately went to get her paci (the only one in the house) and cut the tip off. I didn't realize that you didn't have to cut much to make a BIG impact! I felt horrible. There she was with a busted lip and I cut her security paci??
She cried for 45 minutes that night and then was asleep and didn't wake up all night.
The next day at school I told the director and asked her what I do with the one there. She said I need to cut it too. So I did...she didn't nap that day...
The next few nights she would cry for about 5 minutes and then sleep...she started taking naps at school too.
I was worried about the weekend and sleeping in! I just knew she was taking hits off her paci and going back to sleep and that is why she sleeps in so late! Well, I'm proud to say that sister just likes to sleep! She was back to sleeping in till 10 - 10:30!!
So she still has her paci...it is connected to a stuffed giraffe and she snuggles with it and gums it a bit (she is still teething) but the addiction is over.
I'm so proud of her. I was SO emotional about it! I felt like the WORST parent ever! I was thinking it was a good time because she would be potty training in about 6 months, moving to her new room at school where she sleeps on a mat and not in a crib, etc. BUT when I did it it was a rash decision...SO glad it worked out!
Carrie
Monday, April 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dang! You did it with no warning poor little girl! But glad it worked out. We're about to do the something.
ReplyDeleteWow. Impressive, friend! You'll be so glad you did it now. Miss you,
ReplyDelete