So he's there...at Bennett Elementary...
I'm not sad...I'm just reminiscing alot this morning after dropping him off. He was 10 weeks old when I started working at Artis...now he is at big school.
He is most excited to ride the bus to LLC after school! That is what is going to get him through the day I'm sure!
His alarm was set for 6:30...he got up and got ready and came bouncing downstairs looking like a grown man. He looked so much older to me...more mature. He ate his breakfast, brushed his teeth, and we took the first day of school photos (with little sidekick Hazel right there being a pest with puss pockets on her cheek...she got bit by something). On the board I made him hold it said, "1st day of Kindergarten! When I grow up I want to be a Diver!" He was in awe of the diving team on the olympics...that is his new career aspiration!
Ryan dropped us off in the carpool line and Hagen and I made our way inside. I had him show me where to go. Only once having to think about right or left...he peeked down to the right and said, "Yep, it's this way Mom". We got to his room, put his lunch box on the shelf, his snack in his cubby and hung his backpack on the hook. I knew it was almost time to leave...but I wanted to stay. I took pictures of my sweet little man at his desk and with his teacher and then didn't know what to do. Hagen told me what to do by saying, "Bye Mom! Have a good day!".
With that I headed out of his room, gave his teacher a sheepish smile and told her to have a great day, and walked out of Bennett. Leaving behind one of the sweetest smartest little boys I know. My Hagen, we are all so proud of you and know that you have great things to come in your future. Make some new friends, be nice to people that don't have anyone to play with, and have a great time!
Love,
Mama
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww! Good job, Mama!!
ReplyDeleteHe is a sweet little person and we are all do proud of him. I know he will be a good student just liked his Mom and Dad. You've given all the things he needs to succeed and he has a great support system! You and Ryan are great parents and we are proud of you two also!
ReplyDeleteAwwww! Sweet Hagan. Hope you are ok, mom. I totally cried the first day of Kindergarten. He will have the BEST time. Kindergarten is seriously the best year. Yeah, Hagan!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done, mama! He is going to rule the school.
ReplyDelete