Friday, August 10, 2012

Hazel has been busy!

I swear, Miss Hazel is a nut!  But she is SUCH a cute little thing!

I will never have to worry about her defending herself.  She is a tough cookie. 

I still regularly get "Naughty notes" from her teachers at school for biting.  I get so irritated at her when she gets them!  I'm over it already!  I never thought I would have a bully...especially after sweet Hagen!!

BUT I think I know why she is that way.  Girlfriend will NOT talk!  She tries...she really does but she hasn't mastered it yet.  She understands pretty much anything I tell her.  She follows my punishing (time outs, have to get off the couch if you can't stay on your bottom, etc.) but it is when she is trying to tell us something that she just gets so frustrated.  Alot of her words come out sounding like "apple".  Instead of Up she will say down...and she will say "down" for down. 

She also wants me to hold her all the time.  She is light, I love holding her, but it is really bad when I am trying to get dinner together! It is lovingly named the witching hour in our house!!

Hazel has a video monitor in her room and I usually have it off at night.  I turn it on to check up on her from time to time but not much.  The other morning I went to go get her and she was balancing on her belly on the rail...like and airplane!!  I have NEVER seen her do that!  I did research about crib tents...decided that I don't want to use them...also NOT ready to put her in her toddler bed (crib converts).  So what we are going to do is take out the chicken wire thing that holds the mattress in place and put the mattress directly on the floor INSIDE her crib.  If needed we will put wood under the mattress to make it higher.

Hazel's hair is getting long! I LOVE it!  She has so much body to it...if I dry it without brushing it it kinda reminds me of Mrs. Brady from the Brady Bunch...it flips up in the back, parts to the side and tucks behind her ears, and at the crown it just has a TON on body but lays down so pretty!!!  Jealous!!!

I love you Hazel...you are a mess but one of a kind!

Love you, (she says "I chew")
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you are preparing dinner at night is always the Witching Hour in most house holds. Hazel will soon enough talk and be understood. She is such a sweet baby. I love her hair which is getting blonder!!

    ReplyDelete