We are cruising through January just like we did in 2012...it is already going by way fast!
Here are some highlights:
1. Hazel is pretty much potty trained on #1...#2 is going to be the death of me. I catch her at the beginning and then when I put her on the potty it disappears. One night I came out all frustrated and whispered to Ryan "I saw it at the gate and then she sucked it back up". About 5 minutes later I heard Hagen tell Hazel, "Hazel, when it is at the gate don't suck it back up!" I need to watch my mouth...
2. Hagen was so excited yesterday to present Hazel a gift. He made us all come to the living room and put her on the ottoman (her tuffett). He then gave her his bead bracelet he got at school. He gets a bead for doing good and once he gets 20 he can take it home and pick a prize out of the treasure chest. He gave it to her and she didn't want it. I think he was disappointed as he was so excited to give it to her. We played some reverse psychology on her and put it on her baby doll...she wanted it then.
3. The kids started Emler Swim school this week. I like it because it is once a week, the pool is 90 degrees, and it is for 20 weeks. hazel hated her first class...Hagen loved it. I'm sure once Hazel is more comfortable she will love it.
4. Hazel = Mama's girl lately. Ryan picks them up from Daycare while I'm getting dinner ready because God forbid their food is not prepared the moment they walk in the door. Well, Hazel didn't want Ryan to get her out of the truck...so she sat in her car seat until I came out to get her. Also, She finished swimming lessons first so I changed her and then she sat on the opposite side of the glass so I could get Hagen. Ryan finally came out and said I had to take her because people are looking at him like he is trying to kidnap her...she would FREAK if he picked her up or even stood by her. She is a pill.
5. Also, who is the only one that can put her to bed? ME! This is getting old...really old...
6. Ryan is the homework master. He can get Hagen to focus and do his homework like no other. I am usually cleaning dishes from dinner while Hazel is crapping her pants in the corner or coloring...those two switch on a daily basis.
7. Dapper is getting old...his greys are really showing and he is just slowing down. He grunts when he lays down, gets up, anything. he drives me nuts but I love that dog...
8. Paleo diet is doing good! One more week left. I can tell that my energy is really low unless I throw a few sweet potatoes in a week. I am eating my weight in fruits and veggies. I made paleo chocolate chip cookies last week and they are the BEST cookies I have ever had...and I don't say things like that usually.
9. Hagen and Ryan went on a hunting trip. They saw 11 deer! I got to have girls weekend with Hazel and it was nice. She behaves alot better when she gets one on one attention.
That's about all for now!!
Carrie
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want the cookie recipe!!
ReplyDeleteWe do Emler too, and love it. Morgan just finished a session and can't wait to start her next one this afternoon. Caroline's first lesson there is today - yikes! Hope she does well!
Emler is the best. How fun!
ReplyDelete