Oh my little one...sweet little boy...Mama is not sure she is ready for you to potty train. No, don't get me wrong, if he is ready then of course I will be a supportive Mama...I would just be MORE supportive if he could at least wait until we get back from Destin in September.
I can see it now, I'm laying on the beach in my way too small bikini (but I can because it is my vacation...and plus we don't see other people besides who is there from our family), digging sand out of places you realize exist only when you are at the beach, trying to hide my face from the sun with my hat WITHOUT my neck getting shade, and relaxing...only to hear, "Mama, Hehe has to potty".
Ryan and I would probably do a best 2 out of 3 game of rock/paper/scissors and of course I would lose and have to hightail through the sand (don't picture Baywatch...not even close) with a full to the brim Hagen only to have him pee down the side of me because I couldn't run in the freaking hot and deep sand. So I would be standing there sweating, hot feet, pee peed on and sandy and have to go back to get comfortable only to do the same damn thing every 20 mintues. Nope, not ready...until September 13th...then you can go all out my boy!
This scenario came to mind because the past 4 days when I pick Hagen up from school his teacher has excitedly said, "Hagen requested to sit on the potty a few times today!" Burke is a school friend of his and since Burke is going on the potty then Hagen wants to as well. Burke better sleep with one eye open because I'm going to go and steal all of his cool new underpants so that he will go backwards and need to be in diapers again...just so I don't have to deal with it yet. OK, so that wasn't nice, but seriously.
Hagen, peer pressure is going to be something that you will inevitably have to deal with...we all do. But I just never expected to be facing it at 2. You are so young and innocent and pure...what's next...I don't think I can handle anything else!
Love, Mama
P.S. There was a dollop of sour cream that "fell" off Hagen's plate tonight at dinner. I was wiping it up with a papertowel and Hagen said, "Ewww! Gross"...funny...just never heard him say that before...kinda cute.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally understand. Potty training is a beating. BUT you can just let him pee in the ocean. Right?
ReplyDeleteBurke is a cute name.
Hagen is all about Burke...Burke is a sweet boy so I'm glad he likes him too. Now, he has another boy in class that is sweet too and his name is Stone...now that name is greatness!
ReplyDeleteI thought about having him pee in the sand, but then I can see it now...whiping it out in the sandbox...not good
From what I have heard, boys will just inevitably urinate in nature. I am such a terrible mom that last week on our trip, Ellery said she needed to go in and potty. Being the lazy person that I am, I told her to just pee in the pool--SERIOUSLY! She looked at me with disgust and screamed "NO, I want to go to the restroom!" O.k, my 3 year old has better manners than me!!!
ReplyDelete