Hagen had a great day at school! One of his friends, Stone, was just moved up to his class. Stone was struggling with the move (as did Hagen when he first moved up) but he was comforted by being with Hagen. At one point Stone was crying and told the teacher, "Mama can't find me"...talk about sad...poor thing.
He got sad at another point and it happened to be right before "Movie Time" and they were watching Cars. So Hagen and Stone sat next to each other and watched it together. I'm so happy that Hagen is making some good friends at school and can comfort a friend in need. In fact, we are having Stone and his parents over for a cookout on Saturday so they will get to spend more time together! Hot Dogs, Slip n Slide, Watermelon, brownies...need I say more!
He got sad at another point and it happened to be right before "Movie Time" and they were watching Cars. So Hagen and Stone sat next to each other and watched it together. I'm so happy that Hagen is making some good friends at school and can comfort a friend in need. In fact, we are having Stone and his parents over for a cookout on Saturday so they will get to spend more time together! Hot Dogs, Slip n Slide, Watermelon, brownies...need I say more!
After school , we went to swim lessons and then I decided on a last minute date night! Ryan is out of town this week, and I didn't feel like cooking so it was off to Gatti's for Pizza! Man, can I put down some Gatti's pizza dipped in their ranch like a teenage boy on steroids. There is really no reason for me to eat like that! Gah! Enough!
Hagen and I had a great time talking about the day's events and talking alot about how Daddy is out of town. I even found out something new about my sweet boy...he loves Turkey Pizza (AKA canadian bacon). He LOVED it!
Before he went to lay down in his bed he sat in my lap while I was sitting on the floor and sang you are my sunshine. We always do, but he is singing more and more of the words...it just melts my heart! I have GOT to get Ryan to video tape it...it is a memory that I want to have in my mind always. Just like the first time he said "I missed you Mama" when I picked him up from school. I am one smitten Mama.
Thanks for the wonderful Date Night Hagen. I had a great time and you are such a fun boy to have around...Stone agrees with me.
Love,
Mama
Hagen and I had a great time talking about the day's events and talking alot about how Daddy is out of town. I even found out something new about my sweet boy...he loves Turkey Pizza (AKA canadian bacon). He LOVED it!
Before he went to lay down in his bed he sat in my lap while I was sitting on the floor and sang you are my sunshine. We always do, but he is singing more and more of the words...it just melts my heart! I have GOT to get Ryan to video tape it...it is a memory that I want to have in my mind always. Just like the first time he said "I missed you Mama" when I picked him up from school. I am one smitten Mama.
Thanks for the wonderful Date Night Hagen. I had a great time and you are such a fun boy to have around...Stone agrees with me.
Love,
Mama
What a sweet mama, who adores her little boy! We had a date night tonight, too. Darin is also out of town, so we purchased "Chicks" to go and took it to the park. Your Hagan is such a little doll. I LOVE the blog, but I might need some pictures soon. . . .what do you think???
ReplyDeleteAwe, date nights are THE.BEST! My baby boy and I have had a date night for years and I too cherish them. And to sit and sing "you are my sunshine", I can only imagine... you have to video tape that!
ReplyDeleteI remember Mer saying that her daddy use to sing you are my sunshine to her...I always remembered that...what a sweet memory for you Mer.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how to add pictures yet! I need to because I have a picture of Hagen and Stone...he is a CUTE little guy! Blond hair, and big blue eyes.
I love date nights. Bram and I do them still, he always pics Chili's. So cute.
ReplyDeleteYou are a good mama!