This post is going to be a whole lot of random...because...well, that's who I am.
We will walk through the day at Casa Darney. My morning started off with Ryan sleeping in because he doesn't feel well...he's Icky Sicky (which Hagen says "Sicky Sicky"). Ryan has been working outside in this heat for going on 3 weeks now. Monday and Tuesday he was in Laredo, TX where there was a record high of 108! His not only working outside, but in abandoned warehouses dealing with sewage lines...YUCK! Now, you will never hear a complaint from Ryan no matter how terrible it is, but I think the heat got to him this time. I admire him for this...I would be in fetal position sucking my thumb.
So, I was getting ready to leave for the day and I noticed that I forgot to put our HUGE amount of leftovers in the fridge before I went to bed. So it was out on the counter...all night long...ruined. Not good because I slaved over this Mexican Lasagna and was looking forward to not having to cook for the next 3 nights! It was that much leftover!
I was running late so Hagen and I did not make it through Sonic to get my beloved Route 44 unsweet tea with 3 sweet n low's like we do on his way to school everyday. Mama was grouchy...Hagen was all turned around because we weren't on the normal route to school. Hagen makes it to school...check. He doesn't say bye to me anymore, I am now tackling him to give him a kiss while he is telling me to go and he wants to see Burke (his new best friend I suppose).
I am on my way to work and I am DYING for tea! So I go to Chick Fil A for some refreshment. I can't find my wallet so I am that lady picking the lint out of her coins to get the exact $1.68...by the way, if the weirdo behind me that was having a coniption reads my blog, which is doubtful, I'm sorry. OK, I said it. Sorry that you had to wait an extra 30 seconds for me to pick out the pretty coins with no sticky residue on them. AND CHILL THE HELL OUT! I'm sure they are not going to run out of your chicken biscuits. Gah!
Get my tea...my day can now begin.
So I go through my day, have a lovely one and go get things from the grocery store for dinner (Gaspacho soup with Shrimp). Go home and make dinner, and leave to get Hagen from school to go to swimming lessons.
I walk in all excited to see him and he sees me and asks me if he has to go to swimming lessons. I tell him yes and he tells me to go back to work! WHAT? Are you kidding me? My feelings were so hurt...his teacher was looking at me with that sad pathetic "my kid would NEVER say that to me" look and I just nervously laugh and say he doesn't want to go to swimming lessons and leave.
Hagen, you know, I don't like to do laundry or unload the dishwasher, but I don't tell you to go school so I don't have to be around you while I do it?! Let's not be nasty like that again...deal? Really hurt Mama's feelings saying things like that!
Love,
Mama
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would never tell you to go back to work! Mean Hagen!!! Ha! Bram won't talk to me on the phone if he is at a grandparents house. Never. My mom has to bribe him with candy.
ReplyDeleteOK, I need the mexican lasagna recipe and the gazpacho with shrimp recipe. Por favor.
You are HILARIOUS! I can TOTALLY relate to the need for your refreshment in the morning. I DO NOT feel complete without my diet coke. Also, need the recipe for mexican lasagna--making me hungry right now!!!
ReplyDelete