Yes, I am alive. Sorry to leave suddenly without warning. I had to leave...FOR MY VACATION IN DESTIN, FL! Woo Hoo! Man alive, I have been needing to get away for awhile now. Alot of stress going on in the Darney Casa. Nothing terrible, just normal everyday stress stuff.
We go to Destin, FL the first week in September every year. We will continue to do so until Hagen starts school. We LOVE Destin!
I remember the first time I saw the sugary white sand. I was about 12 and we were on our way to Disney. Mom and Dad thought we would stop and see the beach on the way! We fell in love, went to Disney, and left a few days early to go spend some time at the beach! It was all over from there.
I had my first Kiss at the beach...very romantic...in the stairwell of the condo. I don't remember the details, but it was just awkward.
I remember my brother always trying to hit up the suntan lotion sales girls by buying the deepest darkest OILIEST oil they had and burning the crap out of his leathery skin.
I remember my parents encouraging us to order WHATEVER we wanted while going out to eat. There was a "snack shack" at the pool too where we loved their virgin daqaries. We were limited to 2 of those a day because the bill was getting CRAZY! But unlimited frozen snicker bars were the best!
I remember going grocery shopping for the week and getting to buy lots of fun snacky food because hey, we were on vacation.
I remember going to play putt putt golf after dinner and my older brother acting like a complete a-hole when he didn't win (which for the record, he kinda blew at mini golf).
It was always just pure bliss in Destin...
We still go...but now it is different. STILL a great time, just different. I'm not looking for a boy to kiss in the stairwell, I sleep by my husband in our bed and right next to us in a pack n play is Hagen (who is SO excited to wake up and sit up to see us in the AM). One morning he woke up at 6:15. I told him it was still night night time and he said OK and laid his baby head back down and went back to sleep. What a sweet boy!!
Ryan and I were struggling with one part of our trip. Our nephew Noah is 1 year younger than Hagen. So we had a 25 month old and a 16 month old. there is a big difference in age when they are this young...not so much in a few years from now.
We would tell Hagen not to do something, but then Noah was allowed to do so. Hagen would be playing with something and Noah would take it from him and not get in trouble. It was kinda sad to see him get his feelings hurt and be confused why he wasn't allowed and Noah was. No biggie...just a few outings to get him away and be a big boy. NOW, with all that said, Noah and Hagen LOVE each other and play pretty good together. It is so neat to watch them growing up and I'm sure there are going to be some great times in the years to come. PLUS, Noah will be a big brother next spring. Yep, baby brother is expecting! So happy for them!
I need to get to work now...busy busy BUSY! But, busy is good in this economy and I am thankful.
XO,
Carrie
P.S. Hagen on his potty training...he is doing FABULOUS! only 2 accidents in Destin...and they were little. Then, yesterday his tummy was upset and he had to go #2 ALOT...would you believe that he had no messes in his under ware?!? I'm so proud of him! Now, he was on a sugar high yesterday because he gets a special treat (M&M's, Skittles, chewy sweet tarts, Starburst, or smarties) if he goes big potty...he had 6 yesterday!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love Destin too. We used to go to San Destin every summer.
ReplyDeleteDee, we stayed there the first year. We then started staying at Edgewater...the one that looks like stairs. Now we rent a house...so much easier!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had fun!!! We've had to delay vacation for a little while and am in NEED of one. So I'm enjoying reading when someone has a blast and "living" through them at the moment.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had fun! We need some pictures, girl! We are off to Florida in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteI love that he woke up, said hi and went right back to sleep. I miss my boys being that age...so sweet. =)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a good trip! We went to Destin over spring break and LOVED it! So pretty!
ReplyDelete