Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moments that stick

OK, so yesterday I had to take my Honda Pilot in to the shop...BRAKES WERE SHOT! Metal on metal! So $620 later, I was off with new breaks and clean steering fluid (well, I guess they are all fixed...how the hell do I really know).

I had to stop for gas. I pulled up and there were some shady people, but I had to get some as I was on "E". Another car pulled up on the other side of my pump...man got out of car. He came up to my door and said, "Mam, I have $1 and my credit card is sitting on my desk at work...can you spare a couple of bucks?".

I fumbled in my purse and pulled out a $5 and handed it to him and said, "here just keep it..." (a lesson that my dad has taught me...good things come back to good people).

He was appreciative and was on his way.

Then I was finishing up and saw a BMW pull up with I swear a kid that was no older than 10 driving. A lady (I guess his mom) got out of the passenger's seat, walked into the store, came out with a 12 pack of beer, and they drove off...swerving might I add.

WEIRD!! So, now I don't ever want to go to the east side anymore, I don't want to pump my gas, and I just want to suck my thumb.

Don't you hate moments that you would do COMPLETELY different if you had a minute to think? I mean if I had to do it all over I would have gone to the other gas station, told the bum to suck it, and thumped the "Mom" on the head!

I could NOT get the scenario out of my head last night...it freaked me out! Ryan thought I was being a weirdo...I was.

Casey, I know you are going to LOVE this part. Hagen has been pooping Rainbow Bright for days now. I'm not kidding...it was aqua the other night! Ryan and I finally figured out why...

He gets a special treat for ANYTHING that consists of #2...Skittles being his favorite...get where I'm going? On Sunday alone he had 6 special treats! Poor baby had a tummy issue and had no accidents, but went ALOT and was rewarded for it.

he also ate some green and blue play dough...that could have also produced some of the whacked out color.

Love,
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. You did great! Giving the guy $5 was perfect. At least the drunk Mom wasn't driving and was better the 10 yr old was driving. Lesson's learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, it was scary! I kept thinking of me getting shot, kidnapped, or whatever. I actually stopped pumping gas 1/2 way to escape! I just think I need to be aware a bit more and not so trusting...there are some not so good people out there nowadays!

    ReplyDelete