Monday, June 7, 2010

Sunday slippin and slidin with my best pal Noah!! And Mama was riding a horse?!?

We had such a fun weekend! Hagen’s party on Saturday and then yesterday we had Adam, Rebecca, and the kids over to slip n slide and pizza. The Dad’s were basically bowling with the kids and they had a blast! Rebecca and I chilled in the blow-up pool. Tell you what, I don’t care how ridiculous it looks to be lounging in a baby pool…it is necessary in Texas summers! It is HOT already and it’s not even July/August!!

At one point all the adults took a turn on the slip n slide…yes, even I did. Now before you go freaking out (MOM) I didn’t run full force, fly through the air and land with no bracing on my belly. I was easy on myself and yes Mom, I’m fully aware I am pregnant. It wasn’t as bad as it sounds. Now the video that Rebecca got of me doing it? I better be nice to her for the rest of my life. With Facebook, etc. it could be bad…I have blackmail for her too…it is mutual!

Baby Emily chilled on the porch in a bouncy seat, box fan pointed at her sideways to get her back and front at the same time and slept the whole time! It was so nice!! Uncle Ryan was being mean again to the boys…spraying them with water from the hose…it gets pretty cold!!

On another note, I did go to the doctor on Friday. I was concerned. I remember when I was at the end of my pregnancy with Hagen I felt like I had been riding a horse…or straddling a pole or something….just sore and pressure. Well, I had that same feeling on Friday. I emailed my doctor and they called right away and told me to come in that afternoon. I started worrying that I was dilating, etc. You know how things can run through your mind when you are TOTALLY clueless. Well, what is going on is that my uterus and bladder are arguing for room in my “pelvic cage”. In the next few weeks they should “Pop” out of the cage and into my tummy more and it will relieve some of the pressure. My pelvis is trying to separate a bit and with those two arguing in there it is making it sore. I felt great after a good night’s sleep on Friday night but then being on my feet and in the heat for Hagen’s party I was really sore by Saturday night. Then fine again Sunday morning. So much easier dealing with little pains when you know it is all OK.

Here are a few pics of the slip n slide adventures yesterday…
1. Yep...a bit tight, but necessary...Noah...you need to at least ACT like you are having a good time! We know you are!
2. Uncle Adam lawn bowling with Noah...
3. Ryan and Hagen getting all CRAZY on the backslide!

4. Nice form Ryan! and nice lawn burn on your stomach!!

5. Best Buds...you buy one chair? You best get another because there will be a knock down and I'm thinking the younger one will win...


Tata,
Carrie

9 comments:

  1. MY OB in Colorado told me I could ski while pregnant. I think you're OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom honestly was so irritated with me...Like I would honestly put my self let alone the babe in danger...I'm kinda a weenie.

    Case...I don't know if I could waterski anymore it's been so long!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are carrying very important cargo in there. My next granddaughter.....so yes I was concerned. And I'd be just as concerned if it turns out to be my grandson. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! The party looks like it was a hit! Is is hot already here too. We had the slip n slide out as well. I didn't try it though...maybe next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love slip n' slides!!! So glad they have bumpers now. I can remember lots and lots of grass burns.

    Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slip n' slides are the best! Are you skinny dipping in that baby pool? I can't see any signs of a swimsuit! Love the picture of Ryan going down....all men are still little boys in a grown-up body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Looks like a great time. We need to meet up at the Beach Club, we just got our id passes last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mer, my gigantic butt ate my suit...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i live in the baby pool myself!!! gotta have here, too hot already. i thought about a slip and slide but passed on it, thought it might be too big for my guys, but maybe not. sure looks like yall had fun!!

    ReplyDelete