The Saturday before the 4
th we were going to go to Papa and Pia's house to swim and cookout Firecracker shrimp! BUT, it was raining so we had them come over instead...no need to tempt Hagen with a pool that he can't swim in! I made a 4
th of July Cake...It stuck to the pan...I was pissed...Ryan jumped in and saved the day! There was
alot of icing on it because he had to use
ALOT for mortar! It tasted good, but wasn't the prettiest cakes!

Even though it was raining, we did a few fireworks. Nothing that was loud...I don't do loud...I really am not a fan of fireworks but Ryan is...this is his area...so he is
in charge! We pushed back the couch and tables and made room for the show...sparklers, things that spin and light up, smoke bombs, and snakes...or Poo Poo Snakes as Hagen calls them because they look like Dappers poop...nice.

Ryan and Papa did the last sparklers. Ryan had a bum one that was popping and shooting things everywhere hence the "not so manly" pose!

And of course, a picture of Papa and Hagen. We made Fire cracker shrimp on the grill, the best cheese grits in the world, roasted
potato's (because they are my Dad's favorite and he doesn't like grits), and a fabulous salad...and then the crappy looking cake. It was so fun!!!

Pia rarely has her eyes open for pictures...this one is not so bad...One Eyed Willy.
Tata,
Carrie
I hate when dishes or cakes don't turn out the right way.. arghh..
ReplyDeletelooks like fun despite the rain :(
How fun!! I agree with Hagen - those snakes always reminded me of poo-poo too.
ReplyDeleteAWWWWW....love those last two pictures, so sweet. I'm sure your mother does NOT love you calling her one-eyed-willy. The cake looks DARN good to me...send some my way.
ReplyDeleteLove your backyard! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had a good time despite the rain. I agree with Hagen, too. Those snake things remind me of poo poo.