Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July!

On the 4th we went to Nana's house to celebrate Aunt Kristen's 40th birthday! Here is a picture of Courtney, Aunt Karen, Ryan, Sweet baby, Nana, and Aunt Kristen! Aunt Kristen is Ryan's sister...she could quite possibly be one of the nicest people I know...there is a special place in heaven for her...she is the most generous person, caring, will do anything for anyone, but often forgets to focus on herself. Love her!!
Here are the cousins doing some sparklers! Hagen felt so "big" with the girls...so brave! Sweet Ashlyn hung around to do some then was off doing funner things...she's 16 and has been gone for 10 days on vacation, so she was missing her peeps! We were able to talk about the boy situation some...I hadn't seen her cry since she was little...she's sad...poor thing. Let's just sum it up with she knows it won't work out...she's 16...he's going to college in a few months. BUT, it still sucks and hurts. The best thing I could tell her was to focus on her girlfriends and have a fabulous summer! I was one that would focus more on my boyfriend and I should have focused more on the girls that are always there for you when the boys leave...I was not smart.
Courtney is Ryan's side kick...she lives life on the wild side, so she is always the first by his side to help burn things! Looks like someone else will be joining the wild side as well...look how excited he was...sweet baby.
Here is a picture of Ryan and Kristen...such sweet siblings. They are both adopted...they are 5 years apart...Nana got real lucky with these 2...heart's of gold for sure!!
After leaving Nana's at 9:00ish, we were heading home. Someone was so sleepy but had his eyes still open. We were debating on taking him to see fireworks but thought that he would NEVER stay awake! But he was, we got a slurpee and parked the truck in a new neighborhood that wasn't built yet. We had a perfect view of the fireworks, but were far enough away from them so they weren't loud. This is Hagen and I BEFORE they started...he didn't trust us that they would not be loud.
A few things:
1. It seems that when Hagen and I are getting ready in the morning before work/school that the song "Lover...lover lover, you don't treat me no good no more" is always on. So, Hagen has dubbed it our song...not appropriate at all. But when it does come on he wants to dance. So we dance...in the bathroom to the lover song.
2. Hagen has been not so good lately. LOTS of whining, arguing, not listening, etc. Ryan and I are just about going nuts.
3. Yesterday (the 5th of July) was the laziest day in the history of the Darney household. Hagen actually took a 3 hour nap (thank the lord) and Ryan and I did NOTHING. It was nice, but makes you feel like a loser when it is over with. But, nothing is worse than you doing nothing all day and your partner having a very productive day! We did manage to feed Hagen all his meals though so that is a good thing. :)
Tata,
Carrie

7 comments:

  1. Very special family!

    Glad you all enjoyed the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Hagen by Ryan's side--watching to see what was going to happen. Wild side. Love it.
    My girls screamed the whole time when we did fireworks. Fun times.
    Glad you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of Ryan and his sweet sister. Totally agree.....she is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of Hagen watching Ryan light the fireworks. So sweet. =)

    Looks ike a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! love 'your song'... that is so cute really. :) glad you had a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you guys' Fourth was about like ours. It was low key! Guess that happens with little ones huh? :)

    Lover Lover... that is FUNNY!!

    Shoot me your email! I want to respond and "chat" with you but can only do it by posting here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the burning the candle idea. I think you're right. My mentioned burning them on anniversaries but makes me kinda sick to hang onto them for that long!

    ReplyDelete