Saturday, July 31, 2010

Great Sleepover = Toddler Hangover the next day

The sleepover was a success...well, everyone was alive the next morning and there were no injuries so that is successful!

Adam, Rebecca, Noah, and Emily came over for pizza and then left around 7:00 for the big sleepover! Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Adam told Hagen about it at dinner and he was so excited!!

They left and took a bath quickly so that movie night could start! They watched a bit of Toy Story before bed in their sleeping bags.
Uncle Adam (My little brother) read a story to them and then it was lights out! There was not a peep! They both stayed in Noah's bed and we were shocked they didn't even try to talk or anything...I think they were in shock.
During the night (4:00 to be exact) Hagen woke up and was talking to Noah. "Where's my Mommy?" "When is my Mommy coming to get me?" "Let's go wait for Mama outside". They never left as neither one of them know they can get out of bed without us there...Kinda like an electric dog collar...zap if you get out of bed. Not really, but that idea.
This went on for an hour. Talking back and forth "Fireworks go boom!" etc. etc. They just talked and talked. Uncle Adam went up there two times to tell them to stop talking and go to sleep. Finally he took Noah downstairs to sleep in the playroom on his nap mat.
7:00 bright and early Hagen woke up. Noah was still asleep. The picture below shows how happy Noah was to see Hagen and how unamused Hagen was ...he's not exactly a morning person if you can't tell.
They ate breakfast and watched morning cartoons and Ryan went to get him around 10:00. Now the fun begins.

Hagen was THE WORST he has EVER been today! We busted out the Sassy Sauce (Ryan calls it Sissy Sauce) and it is not working...yet...it is "operation break the wild stallion" in the Darney Casa tomorrow.
He was so tired and crabby that he asked to take a nap at 11:30 and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Still a total monster when he woke up. My dumb ass took him to Target and he lifted my dress up and OVER my pregnant behind for all to see. I had my hands full and couldn't do anything about it for a bit and was MORTIFIED...not wearing very appropriate undergarments for a prego either if you know what I mean! Ugh...not good!
So, wish Ryan and I luck for tomorrow...we are not leaving the house...we are going through closets, etc. and are not wanting to take the beast out in public. By the way, I have 11 photo albums of pictures since Hagen was born...it's kinda ridiculous...it is all labeled and in order which is good, but I need to chill a bit. Who is going to go through each of those besides me? Well...that's all that matters right...that I enjoy them! Ha!
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. Leopard print undies do not make a pregnant woman look sassy...I was talked into them by an older lady at Soma and I put them on the other day. I think Ryan pissed his pants laughing at me...They are hideous...I think I'll keep them...
P.S.S. Dapper...leave me the HELL alone! Gah! The dog will NOT leave my side! TOTALLY following me EVERYWHERE!
P.S.S.S. Mama rocks...I made 2 more offers this past week. I am a recruiting machine! For now at least

3 comments:

  1. Good for you on the recruiting!

    Could your little brother be any cuter? Precious.

    Glad the sleepover went well! Carter left Friday afternoon to a friend's house after I took them to the zoo.....hasn't been back since. Who spends 2 nights in a row? Carter does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is some funny stuff.
    the sleepover is so sweet!
    love the hugs from Noah and Hagen is like dude I just woke up get off me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the underwear story.....only you, Carrie. I bet Ryan LOVES the animal print. Oh--and I can just imagine your mother's face upon reading that part. Glad the sleepover went well.....Hagan is going to be an expert sleepover buddy!

    ReplyDelete