Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mama got a new Knee!!! We'll call her Bionic Pia from now on...

Mom had knee replacement surgery on Monday. It has been something that has been NEEDED for awhile! There were nerves…insecurities on how the surgery would go…just the unknown part was enough to worry anyone. But watching her hobble around was disturbing...sorry Mom it was. It was obvious she was in pain and not wanting to seem like she is. But it just gets to a point where you can not hide it...you stop doing things you love....you stop doing anything. That's when you need to get yourself back in the saddle and take care of somethings...AAANDDDD she did.

I’m pleased to say that she is doing FABULOUS! She is very gung ho about getting back up on her feet in time for little miss priss to show up. Her therapy is doing well, she is doing everything that is asked of her, and she is must very excited about this new knee.

Hagen and I went to visit her in the hospital yesterday and Hagen told her he knows how she feels. You see, Hagen’s shoe lace was untied the other day and I had JUST said, “I need to tie your shoe before you go bonk yourself!” Sure enough…not 10 seconds later “OWIE, OWIE, OWIE!!!!” He scraped it good. I thought I was a drama queen…well, Hagen takes the cake. It was pretty dramatic! It was right before swimming lessons, Papa cuddled him and I put a wet paper towel on it. Then Miss Jenny came to do lessons and he was all excited and swam. But as soon as lessons were done it was back to the drama. He even had to sleep in shorts so his Jammies wouldn’t touch his knee. He is also scared of Band-Aids...I thought kids loved those things?! He does have hair on his legs (and his back but who looks at that) so maybe he has had one too many ripped off his hairy legs?! Who knows...

Mom got home from the hospital today and is resting on the couch and is so glad to be home!!

Ryan’s Mom is also in the hospital. She went in this weekend because she was swollen up…like looked like her eyes were swelling shut swollen. She had her hair dyed and it was a new product so there is probably something she is allergic to. They gave her a steroid and sent her home. It was better for a day and then got worse so she went back. She was using a shampoo that was by the same maker as the dye. So she slept there last night and they are keeping her to observe her. She looks like she was in a fight.

On the pregnancy front…I’m going to be 24 weeks on Sunday (Is that 6 months??? I never understood how to figure out months). I still get that “riding a horse” feeling. I’ve had it for the last 2 days and it is just so sore! He said that it is because my bones/hips/pelvic cage are all expanding. It is making me waddle already! What’s weird is that the whole time I was in CA visiting Mer I didn’t have that soreness at all! I think it is mainly when I’m sitting at my desk all day at work so she just settles in the “cage”…maybe?!? This may sound weird but I just want to take a nap like a bat…upside down…to get her out of my cage for a bit!! Sounds heavenly doesn’t it?!

OK, so what are everyone’s thought s on piercing a little baby’s ears? Like 3 month old little? I am on the side of waiting until AT LEAST kindergarten…or when she starts asking. I’m just curious as to what you ladies think!

Oh, and by the way...the photo at the top is of Hagen...I was reminiscing and this is one of our favorites. My little Romo...

So boring…this post blows…
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. This post totally blows.
    KIDDING.
    Glad to hear your Mama is doing well! Way to go, Bionic Pia! Hope Ryan's mom is better from her brawl with the hair dye.
    Don't ask me about weeks/months. I think 4 weeks is considered a month in real life, so yes, 6 months would be right. Not sure is preggo months are the same.
    Didn't Coco pierce TM's ears really young? I have no preference, but it seems like it should be the bebe's choice whether or not they want their nubs sparkly. Sophia just got hers done, we let her decide on her own. She's a scaredy-cat, and all her friends had them a year ago. She finally did it! :) And she's also scared shitless of bandaids. Maybe it is the hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that your Mom is doing well after the surgery - that's a tough recovery and it sounds like she's doing great!!

    I'm not a big fan of piercing a baby's ears, but to each his own. I had to wait until I was 12. :) And then my Dad took me to Merle Norman and it's still such a special memory for me.

    Woo-hoo for 24 weeks!! It's going by fast (don't you hate when people that aren't prego say that?? hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are already 24 weeks!

    So glad your mama is doing well. I fear having to have knee surgery someday. Ryan and I joke that we'll be going under the knife for that together.

    To each her own on the ear peircing thing. I personally had to wait until 8 or 9 just because my mother wanted it to be a learning experience for me. You know...taking care of my ears on my own. I think now as a parent, that was a smart decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...why does it keep posting my freaking email address!? It's not even my current one! Ugg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bionic Pia is doing great. Already hurts less to stand up on. Scar is pretty ugly but that's what Capri pants are for. So excited it's done and I'll be ready for Hazel Grace!! I love to knit but not every day bound to my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn--so, so, so glad you are already feeling well. It is great you had this done and can feel some relief....and I love that Carrie calls you bionic Pia! XXOO

    ReplyDelete