What a nice weekend! Ryan played in a golf tournament on Saturday so it was Hagen and Mama day!
We had to go to a birthday party at 1:00 so I thought I would take him to Fuddruckers first for a lunch date. Hagen wasn’t hungry so I just got myself something and got him a fruit cup and lemonade…boy loves his lemonade and only really gets it when we are out to dinner/lunch. I felt like a fat pig eating my sandwich while he took a few nibbles of his fruit. I just wanted to tell everyone around us that “He said he wasn’t hungry…I swear I feed my kid more than just a fruit cup!!”
We headed over to the mall for Lauren’s party. She is in his class. The party was at Build a Bear!! Everyone got to pick out a bear, outfit, and a pair of shoes. Most of the boys picked out the camo bear or the owl and donned them in fishing or sports clothing…you know, like most little boys would do. My boy? He got the light pink bear and dressed him up as Woody from Toy Story. Not only that, but they put them in these little boxes to carry them out but Hagen wanted to walk out with him holding it. So me and my loud and proud pink loving baby boy walked through the mall and braved the stares at the pink Woody bear.
After the party we went to Babies R Us to start stocking up on essentials for Miss Priss. I am trying to make Hagen as involved as possible. So I parked his cart right by what I needed so he got to “choose” what kind of whatever we got. I loaded up on little socks, some little kimono long sleeve t-shirts for the first few weeks, diapers, some formula, a billion bibs, some zipper footies, and bottles. I did Dr. Browns with Hagen and they are great but they have a million pieces to wash! I am trying something new this go around…Playtex drop-ins. I got a starter kit and if they work that will be fabulous…if not…that’s OK. Will be so nice to just throw away the drop in part and wash have to only wash the ….ugh…sorry…I know I’m immature, but I hate this word…nipple.
Hagen picked out a necklace (really a teething thing that has beads on it that looks like a necklace), some car keys, and a birdie that she can pull and it wiggles and makes noise. He put them in her little basket of toys to start her toy collection.
After Ryan’s golf there was a dinner and a ball drop. Hagen and I met him up there to see the fire truck drop the balls and check out the hot air balloon! He had a GREAT time!
Yesterday we did things around the house and just chilled. Hagen was so SASSY last night! It was time to take a shower and go to bed and he didn’t want to. So this is how it went down:
Hagen: I don’t want to shower!
Ryan and I: Get in the shower right now or no book tonight.
H: I don’t want a book!
R&I: Fine, no book for you…get in the shower!
H: NO!
R&I: Hagen you better get in this shower or no story tonight!!
H: I don’t want a story…and I don’t want a song either!
R&I: (crap…now what?) Get in the shower or no Mickey Mouse in the morning!
H: (crying hysterically…) s.l.o.w.l.y walked to the shower as Ryan turned the water off. Shower was over.
H: I want to shower!
R&I: Sorry buddy you missed your chance…
So Hagen went to bed smelling of sun screen and with a bad attitude (so did I for that matter). What am I going to do when his normal “ammo” doesn’t work? Usually you can stop at “No book tonight Hagen!” But not last night…he could have cared less!
Anyway, my belly has “popped” out of the “cage” and I am really showing now! I’m also getting some cankles…not bad, but I’m starting to swell some. Ryan lovingly gave me a foot rub last night…so sweet. I’m sure it is just so he doesn’t have to be seen with “Cankle girl”! Ha!
Tata,
Carrie
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate it when you run out of things to take away from them because nothing matters anymore. What happened to the days when kids did what parents said because they were just supposed to...
ReplyDeletelike when we were little! Ugg!
Wow, SASSY pants indeed!
ReplyDeleteHe's testing the boundaries for sure.
Boundaries are tested almost daily here. One day one thing will work, then next day, not so much! Ugh! I feel your pain. Being a mommy is hard work!!
ReplyDeleteI'm cracking up over the pink teddy bear - so freakin' funny!!! I love it. At least he's not a follower :)
ReplyDeleteI did Dr. Brown's too, but a friend of mine SWEARS by the Playtex drop-ins, so I'm anxious to hear how you like them. I may have to use those next time.
Love Hagan and his pink bear....at least he picked Woody and not a princess. Ohh--and I just saw you last weekend....you DON'T have cankles!
ReplyDeleteHahaha the bear. And yall at Fudruckers looking like a mean mama who only feeds Hagen fruit while you're noshin. So funny.
ReplyDeleteTake pics of ya belly!! I wanna see!
awww, you will have to post a pic of the poppin! :) foot rub... ooh bless him.
ReplyDeleteoh goodness, sassy nights! i feel for you. been there for sure!