Merrilee is basically the other daughter in the family…the better daughter I think. Mom and Dad love her like she is their own and would jump to help her out just like they would with their own kids at anytime.
My older brother is known to be a prick at times and he would constantly poke at Mer! We were talking about all the mean things he said and did to her but the worst one in Merrilee’s eyes were “You know Mer, you are not actually in this family right?!?” Talk about hurting her feelings. BUT guess who he asked to Prom because he didn’t have a date? Yep…Mer…and I went with one of his friends because he was dateless as well.
ANYWAY, that is just a bit of background on our relationship.
Here is a picture of my handsome boys! Loved the beach but man...that water is ICE cold!! I don't see how people can swim in it! I am perfectly content with sitting on the beach and people watching. I think we actually saw a conception going on right behind Dane while he was playing in the sand! I mean, there were people with their families everywhere and these two were groping each other the whole time! I took pictures...had too..
Before we left for the trip Mer asked what we wanted to do…Lego Land, Disney, Zoo, etc. We said nothing touristy! (Casey…you OK?) Ryan and I are not the plan every minute of our trip kind of people. This trip was going to be short and sweet (Thursday - Sunday) so we wanted to focus on hanging out together and talking and that can be done on the beach, etc. So that’s what we did.
The boys got to go golfing and we ate meals on the beach. We had such a nice relaxing trip. One thing that totally sticks out in my mind is that it doesn't matter how much time goes by, we just pick up where we left off. It is nice that our kids have basically the same routine, eat the same things, and were getting along pretty good...that is always a big help!! They even got a babysitter for Friday night so we had an adult dinner with 2 other couples. It was so nice and we got to come home to sweet Ellery sharing her bed with Hagen because he was scared. We may need to talk with Hagen about how Bear is probably not a good thing to take with you when you are shacking up with the ladies. Ellery is so much like her Sweet Grandma Joy and is so nurturing and loving…So sweet to see!
Saturday night we had a BBQ and Blake & Casey came with their crew. We all went to high school together so we have a history. Blake was actually Mer's first love and that breakup was the cause of Mer and I's biggest break up as well. I was still dating Brad and Brad and Blake were really good friends so we did alot together. We had such a good visit with them!
The kids were wild and crazy and stayed up way too late, but it was all fun. I dorked out first and went to bed while the party was still going on. I did at least wait until the actual kids were in bed...I was just the first adult to hit the wall. I physically could not keep my eyes open anymore!
That's about it with our trip! I was so nice...relaxing...and informative. Mer and I don't talk on the phone like we use to (because I can't stand talking on the phone) so we did ALOT of catching up! We will for sure be coming back for another visit and this time Mama is going to have some alcohol!! I was the bartender, but only tasted to make sure they were good...AAAANNNNDDDD they were...I made Mojitos.Tata,
Carrie
Sounds like a great trip! You look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI bet those Mojitos were good. You and I are total opposites. Brad and I love planned vacations that are on the go! and.. me.. I LOVE..LOVE talking on the phone. I call it my hobby :) I think it's because all my close friends live out of town and it's my only way to keep in touch :)
ReplyDeleteYes, SD sucks for water to swim in. You really have to go north to the OC.
I SO remember those days of you 4! I had a HUGE crush on your then boyfriend :) Hehe.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you guys all go to get together!
all these little bloggie kiddos are coupling up, your boy is sleeping with the ladies. Coco's girl is skinny dipping....what's next? HA
ReplyDeleteYummy! Love me a good mojito.
ReplyDeleteHow cute are you three? Love that picture. Sweet Ellery letting scared Hagen in her bed. And yeah, definitely talk to him about the whole bear thing. Not helping his game.
What a fun visit! Love the pic of the boys on the beach. Jealous :)
Jan, ha! That's hilarious! when we snuck upstairs to take a picture of them sleeping Ryan actually said, "I hope she's not pregnant!" and we all died laughing...woke them all up...So wrong but so funny!
ReplyDeleteHow will Ellery survive the rejection of Hagan sleeping with her for only a few hours and then leaving for his parents'room?? Preggo mojito's were the best....thanks for bartending. The picture of Ryan and Hagen on the beach is GORGEOUS! We had SUCH a great time--you are AWESOME houseguests.....come back ANYTIME(preferably not preggo,so I don't feel like such a lush). And yes, I am still hurt that Matt said I am not a part of your family.....that man is a FOOL!!!
ReplyDeleteHow much fun!! And I just have to say.... you look good!! I feel you on the alcohol part. I do sneak a glass of wine every now and then. :)
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Hagen and Ryan on the beach is awesome!! Definitely a framer.
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all had such a good visit. Trey and I are like y'all when it comes to traveling. No plans, laid back and hang out!
Merrilee never worry you will always be part of our family. Dave and I consider you our second daughter.
ReplyDelete