I’m so sorry to be MIA for a few days! I know how difficult it is to be “away” from me for that long. But, I’ve been on my death bed so suck it…
I will have to do this post as a list…sorry about that.
1. Hagen is 3 and has had his tubes in his ears for 1 ½ years. They worked their way out (which is normal) and guess what? He has an ear infection. So he is on antibiotics and is running around like nothing is wrong…very hyper actually. I will be keeping a close eye on him because if we start this ear infection trend again, sweet boy will be getting another set sooner rather than later. This morning he said his tube hurts…he has just been hearing me talk about it is all. He was running around like his butt was on fire a second after that.
2. I went to the ER on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2:30. Ryan was sleeping in the guest room because I was so sick and I woke him up saying I was going to the ER. He freaked…I told him it is my sinus’ and not baby related so chill and I’ll be fine. I walked into the ER (a new one by our house…I think I was the only patient in the hospital and I interrupted nap time) and the lady behind the counter asked if she could help me. I said I was 6 months pregnant, have a cold or a sinus infection and feel like my head is about to explode. She just stared at me for a bit…I told her I was not leaving. I finally saw a doctor and told him that I am doing the netti pot, saline, Vicks, zyrtec, mucinex, and have had about 4 hot baths and 2 hot showers and I can NOT clear my head! He said “Maam, I will give you an antibiotic and you need to do saline and Vicks and call your doctor on Monday”…I started crying but stopped because the pressure was getting worse. So basically, nothing…nothing can be done for your sinus pressure if you are pregnant on the weekend.
3. A new thing? I piss my pants…a lot. With this sickness I have realized that I have lost all control. I did with Hagen but not nearly this bad! I was putting his diapers in my pants because every time I would cough or sneeze (which was a lot) I would pee. So yesterday I wised up and braved up and got some bladder control pad things. Would n’t you know the punk that works there let out a little chuckle? I said, “Laugh it up boy! I’m pregnant and sick…go ahead and laugh it up!” He said “I’m sorry Maam…” punk…
4. I went to my first Matilda Jane party last night! Coco introduced me to it first and I have been in love with TM’s little frocks. I went and the smallest size I could get was 12 months so I ordered 2 little dresses for next winter. She will be having another party on September 1st for the new stuff…SUCH cute things!!
5. Ryan is out of town…left yesterday and won’t be back until Friday…Boo.
6. Update on Miss Hazel Grace: I had an appointment yesterday to check on a few things
a. Gestational Diabetes – I’m a weirdo and like the drink. Not a good sign. I’m waiting to see if I have it again…did with Hagen. It is actually not that bad, you just have to follow a strict diet and prick your finger 4 times a day. It was the best thing that could have happened to me as I was gaining weight VERY fast by eating crap. UPDATE: I do infact have Gestational Diabetes...Been there done that...it's not forever and it is not about me but her so whatever it takes.
b. Sonogram – I had a low laying placenta so he wanted to make sure that moved up…it did. Hazel weighs 2 pounds, she was sleeping while holding each foot with a hand, had the hiccups, and has a beautiful heart. I love seeing all the organs in working condition you know? Like all 4 chambers of their heart, the spine, her little belly going up and down as she is practicing breathing. I did have to roll over on my left side as I felt sick…laying on your back with that baby’s weight on your blood vessels can make you a bit light headed.
c. I am now going to be seeing him every 2 weeks…is it crazy to you that I am already going every 2 weeks? Man, this is going by FAST…
7. While I was at the doctor I told him I am feeling better but not that much better. He told me to try Claritin D. So I got some on the way home and took one at noon yesterday and went to bed. I could not sleep but rested a long time. Then last night I was wide awake?! What? I’m a sleeper and usually have NO problems sleeping! I even took a Tylenol PM so what is the deal? This morning I figured it out. I got the 24 hour extended relief Claritin D…NON-DROWSY. Yep, they make a 24 hour Non-drowsy kind. What the hell? Who wants a 24 hour Non-drowsy anything! I am confused…and feel stupid…and warned my boss if he finds me face down at my desk at 12:00 to just wake me up every hour to use the restroom (wait, that isn’t a problem because I have a Noah’s Ark Size piddle pad in my pants). Seriously…sister is going to DIE tonight. I’m so excited! Plus Jersey Shore is on…
8. LOVING Hazel Grace more and more. I received my first monogrammed gift the other day from sweet Heather Cheatham. It was so neat to see her name!
9. I ordered some art for her room. You can see it here: http://www.enjoyart.com/single_posters/antiquecoastalartsigns/VintageCoastalArtWoodSign.htm Instead of Monterey at the bottom I have them do “Hazel Grace”. I cannot WAIT to see what it looks like!!
10. Pia has graduated to a cane! She went to get the mail out of her mailbox yesterday and it was the first time she had been out of the house in 3 weeks…she said it was wonderful! 3 more weeks and she can drive.
11. Christmas…I’m already thinking about it because with a new born I may not want to do much shopping…but then again I may! I have no ideas for Hagen. He has so many toys but doesn’t play with them a lot. I don’t know what to do…ideas??
Tata,
Carrie
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When exactly are you due? That sucks about the sinus infection :(
ReplyDeleteMy friend is 9months prego right now and she has had a migraine since July 9th and they've told her they can't do anything for her. They said it will go away when she delivers. She is SO OVER IT!!
So glad you are getting some relief. That's miserable. Sorry about the peeing thing. it gets worse with every baby. One word...kegels. TMI? Surely not for you.
ReplyDeleteLove the print you ordered.
As far as the GD, glad you already know the drill! Take care of yourself and that sweet pea!
Ha Allison! TMI? NEVER!
ReplyDeleteI have to make a list too.
ReplyDelete1) The check out boy - cracking up. You have to admit that you'd probably let out a chuckle too :)
2) Piddle Pads - HAHAHAHAHAAA. I'm loving this phrase. Sorry that you have to wear them though. And you're making me nervous about having another baby. I'm gonna pee my pants all the time!?!?! I do agree with Allison though - kegels!!!
3) GD - I'm glad you already know the drill. Take care of sweet, Hazel Grace and yourself.
4) That print is adorable. I can't wait to see what it looks like with her name on it.
5) Claritin D is like speed with me. Even the 12 hour kind. Watch out!
I'm going to freak about pregnancy. I'm a pill whore. Any tiny symptom of anything and I'm straight to the pills. I'm not even planning preg anytime soon, but asked my doctor what I can and can't take. On the list? I can't take my ADD meds. I will be getting NOTHING done for 9 months.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your poor sinuses! I loved the image of the nurse staring at you until you said you weren't leaving. Ha!
Loving Hazel Grace, too. And that little sign is just darling! You must take pics when it comes.
So cute- she's holding her feet while napping :)
1) GiGi had three sets of ear tubes by the time she was 3 1/2. I think she has finally grown out of the ear problems.
ReplyDelete2) Piddle Pad...sorry, but it made me giggle too.
3) LOVE LOVE LOVE Matilda Jane! I could own every single piece of clothing.
4) I can't believe you like the gestational diabetes drink. I failed the test, and had to do the three hour screen. I thought I would never get done with those drinks. YUCK!
5) Sounds like you are getting excited about Hazel Grace. Me too! The artwork is super cute.
Hope you are feeling better soon!
What a little check-out punk.....laughing at you. I love that you called him out on it--you are greatness! Sorry about the sinus stuff and Hagan's ear....why does it always happen like that?
ReplyDeleteSorry your still not feeling well. Hope the sinus pressure goes away soon.
ReplyDeleteG had tubes and the second they fell out, she had an ear infection. But just one. Hasn't had one since then. I hope I just didn't jinx myself! Hoping that's how it goes with Hagen.
Love Hazel Grace. Sounds so eloquent.
Glad HG is growing well, and hope you are feeling better. I have no idea about christmas gifts, trying to think of things too. I swear I am not buying any more toys!!! Bad karma for the kid laughing at your pee protection purchase
ReplyDeleteYOU poor thing! I hope you are feeling better today. And I hope H doesn't get anymore ear infections too. T can be sick as a dog and still running around too. So weird?!
ReplyDeleteLove Hazel Grace. It really sounds perfect together!
I had some pee pee issues with Maci too. I even wore maxi pads a few times and I HATE pads! :(
I LOVE the drink too. Tastes like orange crush.
ReplyDeleteAlready every two weeks? Holy moly!??
That artwork for her nursery is THE MOST PRECIOUS in the world. Love love love it. It is going to be gorgeous with her bedding.
Hazel is such a darling little name.
You're welcome.