Hagen is a graduate. I know it is only Pre-K...but this is a big one!! The age he is at right now is a biggie...or at least it is for me.
He is now going to go to Kindergarten...at a new school...all new people...I mean he only knows LLC as far as school goes so this will be a big change!
Now he will be packing his lunch every day, making sure to get in his seat before the tardy bell (that one will be hard for me too), and grow up to be an upstanding citizen. Yes I believe it starts now...in Kinder. With all the social media nowadays he needs to be looking and paranoid now for what can be brought out about him later "Did you know that president Darney did sldjflskfdjosgjiosidj in Kindergarten?!!" Upstanding citizen coming up!
Pia decided to ask me a question which meant I had to lean over to hear and I completely missed them calling his name and walking across stage. He was the first one called and I wasn't prepared. I will hang it over her head for the rest of her life.
They did a fantastic job at teaching the kids a dance to "Baby you’re a firework" by Katy Perry (I think). It was DAR.LING. Seriously so cute and most of them did all the moves. I was actually quite surprised that there were no criers or runners in the group of 64 kids! I mean, not one! Hagen's teacher Miss Laura is his main teacher. We loved her...she has taught him so much this year! Hopefully in a few more years she will teach Hazel!!
After graduation we went to Chili's and had dinner. He just seemed so big and so excited! He is now in the bigger pre-k class until he starts Kinder. My next post will be about his visit to his new school...
I feel like Hagen really grew alot this year, I mean of course all kids grow in a year. But what I mean is that he is now writing his name so much clearer, knows his address, and is even playing rougher with the guys. I'm not one that wants to raise a bully...that's not what I mean...what I mean is that he use to be the one that was so sensitive and would get his feelings hurt so easily. Now it seems that if guys are playing rougher, he just jumps right and throws a few fists too. Not too rough...but just playing.
Carrie
P.S. One thing to note. Hagen has been asking when we are going to have another baby. I told him we are not going to. He was OK. Then that weekend we hung out in the baby pool outside and Hagen gasped when he saw me in my suit (I did to if we are being honest). He came up to me smiling and poked my belly and said, “I told you there was another baby in there!" Ryan has had some man talks with him about it.
P.S.S. Hagen and Ryan counted his money in his piggy bank. He had about $40 in it. Ryan asked him what he wanted to buy...he could spend it all on one thing, split it between 2 $20 things, or save some. Ryan asked how much an ice cream at Camilla's was (best hand dipped ice cream bars in the world). Ryan told him $4...Hagen said he wanted $8 so he could take me out for ice cream and he wanted to save the rest. I died. I would have just said, "well in that case...I have $40...$4/ice cream...I want 10 ice creams please!"...I was shocked...it was so sweet!
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe it's time for your little guy to go to Kindergarten. Really. Time flies!
ReplyDeleteKinder! Why must they grow up?!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of y'all on your header. Beautiful. =)
Love you!