I know this post is a bit late as his birthday was almost a month ago, but I wanted to wait until he had his 5 year well visit! Did NOT know that he wouldn't be getting any shots....in fact none til he is 11! Wow! That was a GREAT surprise!
Hagen you are 34.3 pounds, 41 inches tall, and are such a doll!
You made me a mom...for that I am forever so grateful! Not only did you do that but you have been such a good kid. This year seems so big...like bigger than other birthdays. I am so excited for you and your future!
You and I have a special thing we do now before bed. You bring me an easy reader book and we snuggle up in my chair in my bedroom with the lamp and a blanket and you read to me. I love it (but kinda hate it because the books are like 50 pages long...granted there are only a few words on each...but you are still learning so it takes forever...but I will soak it all in because you will not want to snuggle with me for long...especially since I smelled like death warmed over last night).
You love Hazel. She has started to love you back...she now comes and hugs you. I love watching her watch you. She already thinks you are her hero...but you have GOT to watch what you are doing because I'm serious in that she wants to do EVERYTHING you do!
For Father's Day you wanted to take your daddy to "Daddy-town"...AKA Gattitown. So we did...
We had your birthday party at Pump It Up! You had a blast! You had about 15 friends there and got lots of water guns and stuff like that.
Nana got you a bike and Papa/Pia got you a Nook Color. You are moving away from "toys" to electronics. Your Daddy picked out your present from us...it is a shooting game for the Wii. You both love it...in fact you both argue over whose turn it is to play. I have to referee alot!
One thing we have to help you with is growing pains! You have just started to get them so we need to rub lotion on your legs or something to help the blood flow and ease the pain. Your Daddy had these too and so I'm not surprised.
At your doctor appointment you answered all the questions and I just sat there...I could tell the Doctor wanted to see how smart you were. At one point you said, "Actually, blah blah"...the doctor was shocked you said Actually!
I love you...I love you so so much. You are the best and biggest blessing to your Dad and I...
Mama
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a sweet kiddo! Seems like just yesterday, you were pregnant with him. I hate cliches - but time does fly!
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie!! I JUST saw your comment on my blog this morning! :) Good to know there are other blog lurkers out there like me! ;-)
ReplyDeleteSad to say, but no... Wasn't us at the gym. However we're members of a couple different gyms in the area, so who knows- we may run in to each other one day anyway!
On another note- you have a precious family! Can't wait to read more of your blog. You sound like such a great Mommy!
Hugs!
Chani :)