Friday, August 3, 2012

Destin 2012

Destin was AWESOME!  We had such a good time!  You know that feeling before spending a week in the same house with 3 families...that "you know we are going to get sick of each other" feeling?  I'm shocked that I can honestly say that I didn't feel that way. 

The kids got along great.  Hazel was a bit off the first morning and was such a bully so I took her to the doctor...she was sick so they put her on an antibiotic.  Two days later I felt HORRIBLE so I went and I had a sinus infection so I got a shot and meds.  Good to go!

The only way to document this trip (since I can't put pics up...stupid new format) is bullet points:

1.  Mom, thanks for getting the kids their own DVD players...Hagen watched how to train your dragon and Smurfs and Hazel watched Nemo and her Elmo shapes and colors. The DVD players, Cheese-its, and jelly beans were the currency on the plane!

2.  Hagen now LOVES crab legs...he orders them whenever they are on the menu for kids!  He also had his first Strawberry Daquiri and loved it as well!

3.  Hagen body surfed this year and really enjoyed it.  Ryan would take him out and then get him all set up with a wave and push...he was in heaven!

4.  Hazel loved to have a bucket (or 4) of water and put sand in it then dump it...over and over...then saying "Wawa" for more. 

5.  Emily and Hazel had their first official fight. Emily stands completely still and takes a beating which I think pisses Hazel off more and she keeps going after her.  Emily is sweet...hazel is not...at the moment at least!

6.  We only went out to eat 4 times (which is hardly anything to what we are use to) and we really enjoyed it!  This is the first year we have had to go with everyone else because Hagen starts Kindergarten in a few weeks (whaaaa).

7.  We did not buy one thing!  Except for buckets, etc.  But as far as fall clothes, souvenirs, etc.?  NOTHING!  It was fabulous!

8.  Mom and Dad still give us spending money on vacation...since we didn't get anything it went to help for Dog boarding! 

9.  A man died about 1/2 mile from our beach house...he was on a jet ski free diving down 30 feet to get sand dollars...never came up.  For 2 days I was nervous about him washing ashore, but they found him.  There were alot of rescue boats and helicopters around for a few days!

10.  We thought Hagen would get more sleep staying in our room (with Hazel) so Hagen had a pallet on the floor, Hazel was in a pack and play, and Ryan in the bed.  Funny thing is that Noah slept later than Hagen!

11.  I went from trying to get as tan as humanly possible to putting on SPF and sitting under the umbrella only emerging as necessary

12.  I need to SERIOUSLY figure out what to do with my face...acid peel?  Microderm?  I have age spots, sun damage, you name it.

13.  Hazel's hair is growing like CRAZY!!!!

14.  Hagen has the longest torso that I don't notice until he is next to Noah...they are about the same height but their belly buttons are at totally different heights!

15.  We will never be without frozen snickers at the beach...ever...or a new love is frozen milky ways...mmmm

16.  Can't wait for next year!

C

3 comments:

  1. Awwww....I want to see pics!! Sounds like a blast. Now I am craving a frozen snickers--what a good idea. If you figure out the answer to the face question, let me know. My skin is AWFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. Let me know about the skin treatments. Age and sun spots over here!

    Love Destin. Want to see pics! Write me if you're having trouble. I'll help if I can.

    ReplyDelete