Friday, August 10, 2012

Hagen is growing up!

So in 2 1/2 weeks Hagen will be starting Kindergarten...I'm having a hard time. Shocking because I really didn't have a hard time dropping Hagen and Hazel off for their first day at daycare and they were LITTLE!!! Like 10 weeks and about 8 weeks old!!


I am so excited for him and know that he will love it and we will move on...it's just the logistics. Where is the best "drop off" point? Will his lunch stay cold enough? What if older kids bully in the hallway? Just stupid stuff.

He is trying to be big. The other night he asked if he could start using his alarm clock. Ryan and I looked at each other and were like, "Well, why not?"

Hagen has had his alarm clock in his room for a few years now, but we have never actually used the alarm.

He will have to wake up at least 30 minutes earlier for school. I actually have to get him there at a certain time vs. like I have been for Pre-k...whenever I want.

I have been snoozing BAD lately! Ryan has been leaving early. So, for the past few mornings I get woken up by a sweet bright eyed SO.PROUD.OF.HIMSELF Hagen! When his alarm goes off, he quickly turns it off, turns on his lights, goes potty, puts his PJ's in the hamper and puts his clothes on. Then he comes down to tell me he's up and we go get Hazel!

He LOVES it!

Some other things he is doing are:

1. Holding Hazel's hand and walking her to her class
2. Picking out breakfast for Hazel and himself and bringing it to the table
3. Helping her put her shoes on in the morning (never works)
4. Reads books to her...his favorite to read to her is Brown Bear, Brown Bear (probably because he doesn't actually have to read it...

He is doing something alot lately that is driving us and his teachers CRAZY! "I don't feel good" comes out of his mouth at least once a day. I know that he loves skipping school (who doesn't), but it is just getting to be a "Never Cry Wolf" situation. So we have a plan...what we are doing is if he says it at all during the day he has to go to bed when Hazel does...because he is "sick". That's the rule. Hagen hasn't been "sick" in a couple of days. I think he got the point finally!

Love that big sweet boy!
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of those times we as mothers blank things out....you did have a hard time leaving Hazel and Hagen. But you and Hagen will do fine. He's going to love it and you are going to be so proud of him!! You are a wonderful Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete