Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ooooo That Smell! Can't you smell that smell!

OK, so now that you have that lovely song in your head, I have a great story for you.

My car has smelled like a raw sewage dump/hangover breath/mound of dog feces/whatever for the past 2-3 weeks now. Hagen is messy with his snacks in the car and so I often have many stale crackers on the floorboard (which if I don't watch him closely he will grab and eat). I try to vacuum it once a week or so but lately just have been too busy (LAZY) to do so.

Well, this smell is beginning to take over. I cleaned out the car and have been through almost a whole bottle of Febreeze...nothing. So this morning, I was getting ready to put Hagen in his seat for school and the smell almost knocked me over!

Hagen wanted to "drive" so I put him in the drivers seat and he was playing. I had all the windows rolled down and began my MILLIONTH search of the car...freaking out every inch worried about what I was going to find.

Then...I saw it...it was white and round...like a fully wet diaper. It was between the 3rd row seating and the 2nd row seating (My 3rd row is never up...always down). But what could it be? WAS it a diaper that got away? I had to grab it and maneuver it to get it out. It was...are you ready...AN ONION! GROSS! Man, it had been there in my hot car for about 3 weeks...just rotting away! Now, it was smelly, but I think it could have been way worse. It wasn't drippy or anything...just a bit soft.

So I put it in the fridge hoping that it would come back to life. I do need an onion for dinner tonight...now I don't have to go to the store! I kid...

Love,
Carrie

P.S. My demented husband had a dream the other night about Hagen. Hagen was in the front yard molding Dappers poop into a...wait for it...you can't stand it can you...a TURDrantula! You know, like a tarantula but with the word turd.

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to fast forward 10 years to picture Hagen as a teenager. The world is not ready with parents like you. He is going to be HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is already trying to be funny. Yesterday he said "I poo poo'd on Mama!" and then followed it up with "I pee pee'd on Nemo".

    I told him that wasn't very nice and we don't talk like that. Then when Ryan came home he told him the same thing...ugh...it's starting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could feed a family of 6 off the floor of my car!

    ReplyDelete