First of all, my Mom was going to be called Grandma, but Hagen had a different idea for her name. He has lovingly called her Pia for awhile now and we didn't know that was his name for her! We weren't so sure about it at first, but now we have all grown to love it...even Pia!
We went over to swim and cook out steaks. We had a great time getting some sun, watching Noah and his AWESOME floating from lessons, Hagen showing off putting his face underwater, and then ice cream sundaes!!
Now, it started off as Grandpa getting the boys some ice cream (he has a nickname of Papa Icecream because he loves ice cream and sharing with the boys). Then we all wanted some too but we wanted carmel, hot fudge, magic shell, M&M's, the works! So off he went to the store to get the toppings.
The reason I am telling this much detail into our sundae's is to tell a childhood memory of mine.
My Dad will do ANYTHING for his kids, his wife, and his grandkids. He is the most patient person you will know and so giving. When my brothers and I were growing up and it was "fast food night" my dad would make special trips to get whatever we wanted. That mostly included Wendy's, McDonalds, and Jack in the box. He would ask what we wanted and go to each one without a complaint...hamburger from Wendy's and fries from McDonalds was a great combo!
Thanks Dad for always striving to make us happy...I for one always have been.
Love,
Carrie
P.S. Dapper is still not feeling well...his belly is not good. He pawed and wimpered at Ryan this mroning at 6:00 to go out...did some SERIOUS business and then came in to go back to bed. Poor Dapper Dog...
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is sweet Carrie. Your parents sounds as awesome as mine!!
ReplyDeleteI think Pia is a precious grandma name, I love it when kids name them themselves.
Lab farts and runs are the worst!
Your dad is one of the greatest people on this planet!!! Your mom, too. I love them like my own and they have always treated me like a family member. Obvioulsy they did something right to produce a daughter like you(yuck, I actually gave you a compliment and told you that I sort of like you)!
ReplyDeleteMer, shut up. You always tell me that you wish you were moer like me...No one is beliveing your "acting" like you don't mean it. Sorry...your cover is blown
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet daddy you have!
ReplyDelete