Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

Hagen was PUMPED when he woke up at 8:45 and we told him that Santa came! He is in L.O.V.E with his guitar. Mind you not one person in our family plays the guitar so it is very out of tune. Mr. Dave is a guy that comes to Hagen's school every other Friday or so and he brings puppets and sings and dances and plays the guitar. Ever since the first time Mr. Dave came he has wanted a guitar. It is precious to see him with it laying on his lap singing big green tractor and "playing" his guitar.

He got loaded with gifts this year...ridiculous if I do say so myself. MP3 player, camera, guitar, scooter, laptop for kids, leapfrog game, leapfrog thingie that has a fat pen that reads books to him, a blow up dolphin that is like a punching bag, fire trucks and station, doctor kit, remote control car, Home Depot tool kit for kids, Ice Age movie and Polar Express movie, lunch box, books, nativity for his tree, and MUCH MORE. Let's just say that our families are very generous.

Now the part that I am dreading...I HAVE NO ROOM. We turned under the stairs into a toy area. I took out the coat hanging bar and we put container store shelves in there and it is where all his toys go. It is getting quite full...but it is so fun! Spoiled? Yes, a little, but I am OK with that. He does share so that is good...well, on most days!

Today we are cleaning up around the house, organizing, just chilling. LOVE having Christmas on Friday so that we have the whole weekend to play and straighten up.

We spent Christmas morning as a family and ate pigs in a blanket (Hagen just ate the pig part) and then headed over to Nana's house at 3:00...so fun!

Merry Christmas all!
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast, Carrie! So cute about the guitar! And yeah, that's a shit ton of gifts.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackpot, Hagan! I am TOTALLY struggling with the same dilemma right now. We have an entire room in our house dedicated to playing and it is over-run with toys. Seriously....it is time to weed out some things and make a trip to the Goodwill(although I can only seem to do this when Ellery is not paying attention).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Hagan hit the mother load for sure.

    If you figure out what to do with all of the toys, please do tell. When everyone went over to Adam's dads house on Christmas Day, I went through the playroom and started throwing shit out. Not kidding. Old toys, not new. They havent even noticed, but we have a PLAYROOM and their is still stuff all over the house. I don't know what to do.

    Adam and I were talking about adding on to the house last night. How sad is that. That is when you know your kids are rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we please rewind to Hagen sleeping until 8.45?!?!?!? Seriously? I'm so jealous. And so impressed. Wow.
    I just had this conversation with Trey about all of the toys. Hudson isn't even 10 months old and our house looks like a toy store after ONE Christmas. And.....it's not even US that give him all the toys. Crazy! Oh well.... Glad y'all had a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete