Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Dad is the TRUE Santa Claus

My Dad is one of the most generous people I have ever known. I am so proud of the man that he is...I have never been embarrassed by him and the things he does (OK so maybe when he embarrassed me when I was a teen, but who can say their parents haven't embarrassed them a time or two).

Every Christmas since I can remember by Dad gets $1,000 in $100 dollar bills, puts them into 10 individual envelopes and gives them to random people and says, "This is from Santa Claus...Merry Christmas." and then drives off and doesn't wait for them to open them.

He gave one to the Sonic girl, one to the parking attendant, pulled up to an old man in a truck and gave one to him, one to a guy walking in the rain in Downtown Plano, one to the young convienience store clerk, etc.

He called this morning to say that he has 3 for me to give. It makes me so excited to be able to do this for someone when otherwise I wouldn't be able to.

What a guy...what an AMAZING person...Dad, so happy that you are mine! And I am the only girl...so I'm your girl...your only...and cute too...and smart...

Love,
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! WHAT A GREAT MAN HE IS??

    Have you read Same Kind of Different As Me and also What Difference Do It Make? Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.....let me know where your dad will be next Christmas Eve! I'll just hang around acting casual.

    Love this! Such a great gift.....and love that he does it without the wait for a reaction. A true gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it that we have been best friends for 20 years and I did not know this??? THAT IS AWESOME! HMMMM. . .I may be close behind Casey next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the best stories I've ever heard. Gave me chills. Absolutely love it!! What a wonderful Dad you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Bryan and I were a recipient of one of those envelopes, not around Christmas, but at our wedding! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete