Yes, it is that time in Hagen's childhood...the time that I have been dreading...it's come.
"I wanna do it myself!" is yelled to me a thousand times a day. This morning as I woke him up I started unzipping his PJ's "I wanna do it myself!" followed by a whine that just hurts my ears and then SLOWLY takes his PJ's off ONLY to find that the footie part is stuck on his foot. WHINE...
I go to take off soggy diaper "I wanna do it myself!" OK, then do it. Well, he can't find the sticky thing so I sneak in and help...busted and then he freaks the hell out!
Want Milk?
"I wanna do it myself!"
Want Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?
"I wanna do it myself!"
"I wanna do it myself!" "I wanna do it myself!" "I wanna do it myself!"
SO sick of those words.
But, it all goes away when I get the picture in my head of my naked cowboy playing his guitar...it is a back view with his buns on the ground sitting with his guitar in his lap singing "Big Green Tractor" and Rudolph...so precious!
He was back at school today and it was kinda sad taking him...only about 1/2 the kids were there. I am swamped at work and can't take off right now, so we will just have to move forward.
Boring post...sorry...
Carrie
P.S. My kid is SO constipated from eating a bunch of crap! He is tooting all day and it is TERRIBLE! WE were in Academy getting Ryan some stuff with his Christmas gift card and I asked Hagen, "did you toot?" He politely said OVER AND OVER "No, I didn't toot" for all to hear..."Mama, I didn't toot. Mom, I didn't toot. Mama...Hagen didn't toot". Casey, it reminded me of your video you posted!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So funny, Carrie! About the toots. Tony's girls toot like no one's in the room. I think they don't even notice. I'm like, "say 'scuse me." And they're like, "what?" Yeah, weird. Kind of grosses me out.
ReplyDeleteOh Hagen, the naked guitarist. Wish I had advice for you, but I've always been stubborn like that. I want to do everything myself. I think my terrible 2s inspired me.
Hang in there!!